Chapter 45 The story

"Thank you so much ma for the story. I've made up my mind to just remain friends with him and not think about any relationship" Tolani says.

"A very good decision my dear" I answer with a smile.

"But I have a few questions to ask about the story" she says and I sit up.

"Fire on"

"How is your cousin Ella? Did she end up being with Jay?" She asks with bright eyes and I laugh.

"Yes she did, at first they broke up cause of a minor issue but they are back together now, they've gotten married and she even has two children" I answer with my mind drifting off to Ella and Jay.

"Ohh that's nice. I'm too sure Debra and Abisola are still together. But what of Jamal? Did he ever get over it?"

"Of course he did. I saw him early this year when I went for a function in Abuja with my husband. He got married last year" I answer now thinking about Jamal and his beautiful wife with a belly bump.

"Was it awkward? I mean him seeing that you're now married to Mr. Martins" she asks. Tolani your questions are becoming too much o.

"No it wasn't. Not for me sha. But I don't think it was" I answer her still with a smile.

"Oh okay. Now the last but not the least question. What do you think about dating in general? Now I'm not talking about religious differences or anything. Just dating as a teenager"

"Well... I've learnt that dating shouldn't be something that is just for fun. The whole point of dating is to find someone you'll spend the rest of your life with right? People should know this and stop behaving like if they've never had a boyfriend at 16 then they'll never have! You still have a long way to go in life, don't rush it, when its time to start thinking about all that stuff, you'll know. I sound like my mom right now" I stop and laugh for a while with her before I continue "but it is the truth. Of course you can find your soulmate at an early age, that doesn't mean we'll all find that person so early. Just chill, you'll find the right one for you, stop wasting your time, moving from one boy to another. Your friend has a boyfriend doesn't mean you need to date one stupid human being that won't treat you right. It isn't worth it AT ALL"

"Yeah its true, everyone just wants to date for clout. Girls are even asking boys out more than the boys" she laughs and I join her.

"Oyah give me their names"

She laughs "Ah! What do you think my classmates will say when they hear that I told the proprietress about their relationships? I'm not a snitch"

"I was just joking. I don't even want to know if not I'll start seeing them in a different way. But I need you to tell me just one thing" I say whispering the last part.

"What" she asks, her ears standing upright. This girl loves gossip o.

"Nini and Yomi are dating abi?" I whisper. Those two children look like they are dating and I'm actually rooting for them.

"Ah ah. Miss El!" She laughs.

"Talk jare!" I laugh with her.

"Yes they are"

"I knew it!" I say and we both laugh "Tolani its time for you to go back to your class o" I say once we settle down.

"Ah, its already closing time" she says smirking.

"What? That is a lie" I check my time and it really is 2 minutes past 3 "Shit! So you spent the whole day here listening to gist! Will you get out!" I shout jokingly and she stands up laughing.