Chapter 34 Catching up.

Its been a while since excursion. And by a while I mean a year. I'd say I'm a fully blown Naija girl now cause I can now say the slangs without everyone looking at me like I've grown a second head. I still have little of my accent though.

I'm about resuming my 3rd term in ss2, I'm going to be in ss3 very very soon and my life has never been better.

My mom has been clean for over a year now and she's back home, I speak to her once or twice every week now and it makes me so happy.

Martins has moved to his hostel in the University of Ilorin. We have video calls once in a while and voice calls almost everyday but whenever he is around, I make sure to spend time with him.

"Ibeji!!! They are here o" Mom yells from downstairs.

"I'm coming" I scream from my room and I hear the door open up.

"Guy be fast or we'll be late and don't forget to greet Emma before coming down o" Ella hurriedly said and ran out of the room without waiting for my reply.

I picked up my bag and ran downstairs to Mom's room. Yeah Emmanuel is Ella's nine months old brother. He is usually awake at this time of the day, but right now, he is asleep. So I just peck him and run out of the room.

"Mommy bye bye" I shout so that she can hear from wherever she is and what replies me isn't a nice sound at all. Emma's cries. I woke him up.

"Ah, so you've woken him up and you're leaving me to take care of him bah" She asks as she appears in front of me. Where the hell did she come from.

"He is your child nah, its your job" is what I would have said if I'm ready to die, well I'm not ready to die just yet.

"Sorry mummy, it was a mistake" I say giving a small smile.

"Its okay love, enjoy your day at school okay?" She said kissing my hair.

"I will, byeeeee" I say as I run out of the house to the Toyota Sienna 2018 model parked right in front of the gate.

"Ah ah, we are just resuming and you already want to kill everybody, just look at the lip gloss only!!" Ore says from inside the car.

"Stop whining me joh" I say as I get into the car.

"Who made you guys' hair, I love it" Amaka said touching my hair.

"We made it at the mall, one new salon there" Ella replied.

"When next you're going abeg I'll follow o, I really like it" Amaka said still touching my hair.

"OK no problem. Guy who are you chatting with this early morning" I ask as I snatch Debra's phone from her.

"Give me my phone joh, is it your chat?" She struggles to get it from me but Ore holds her down probably because she's also interested in what she's typing.

"Hmmm, we go love o" I say as I return her phone "She's chatting with her boo jare"

"Hmmm, we too we'll love one day" Amaka said in exasperation.

"Amen" I said stretching out my hand as if I was praying. I'm actually praying.

"Please me I have my Jayson o" Ella said with dreamy eyes, the same ones she used to give when I used to talk about Jay.

"Gbenu joh, we have heard" I shouted at her.

"And me I have my Dayo" Ore said holding her chest like her heart was about to explode.

"Someone that has not asked you out yet"          " Show us his picture you'll not answer " Amaka and I said together then hissed.

"Hmm.. Jealousy, just leave me alone" She said eyeing both of us.