Chapter 5

So its Wednesday already and I'm at Daisy's. I already asked Mrs. King if I can go on a date and she said I can but I should be back before 10pm,  now its 5 minutes to 7 so I have to finish up all I'm doing before Jem gets here.

"Daisy, Jem will be here in less than 5 minutes and my hair is still a mess," I yell.

"Alright, calm your horses girl!! Now let's see" She starts working on my hair and she packs it up for me. I wasn't really sure of what to wear so I just put on a blue gown just above my knee, a pair of peach sandals and a peach purse.

I was just at the edge of fainting when I heard the door bell. He is here. "Oh my God Daisy, he is here".

" Oh no you still look like garbage!!!" She blurts out.

"Wait what!?!?"

"I'm just joking honey, you look perfect" She says smiling.

"Daisy!!! How am I supposed to be calm now after that?"

"I'm serious you look amazing. Now get the hell out of my room and don't keep the poor boy waiting".

" Alright fine!!" I say as I begin to run down the stairs chanting "oh god please help me" multiple times. I was praying hard not to fall off the stairs cause that would be totally embarrassing. I get there and he is there wearing a plain blue shirt with black jeans and a black jacket. He looks as beautiful as ice cream with chocolate shavings and sprinkles and strawberries and every other topping. Damn it how could one person be so good looking.

"Hey"  I say

"Hey!" He says

Awkward

"Elly I see your little BF-wink- has arrived" I heard Mrs. King say and I turned around to look at her like seriously!?!? She said wink!?

"No Mrs. King, He isn't my boyfriend. This is just a friendly outing. Totally platonic" I said, maybe a little too fast.

"That's what they all say, you know when I was your age, I used to have a boyfriend, he was the cutest in class, he loved me and I loved him, we used to do all the stuff couples do lately. Seriously name anything and I'm sure we did it, talk about kissing and..." I don't think I'm enjoying this chat anymore, that's when I notice Daisy coming down the stairs and I mouthed " help me" to her and she just stood there laughing.

Traitor!! I'll make sure I get her for this.

"-so sex isn't all that bad, in fact its really cool but for your age now I don't think its a good idea and-" Are you for real, why is she giving us the sex talk, its not like we were even planning on kissing or anything. "-all I'm trying to say is that you guys should try and resist the urge to have sex and be good children, and you Jem, you have to bring my baby back before 11 pm, I'm giving you that much time cause this is her last night here okay?"

"OK Mrs. King, thank you so much" He says while I move closer to hug her.

"Its alright sweetheart" she returns my hug.

So we move out of the house and oh my god its damn cold I should have carried a jacket but its too late now I guess

"So where are we going this night?" I ask to ease the tension between us.

"I wasn't sure really of were you'd like to go so would you prefer fancy or fun?" He says as we walk down the Street.

"I guess I'd prefer fun,I wouldn't be comfortable in a fancy place" I said only because I knew that if we were to go somewhere fancy, I'd be totally under dressed and I'll feel out of place.

Okay so i know of a cool cinema downtown and I wouldn't want for us to walk down there so guess what?" He says as we turn to the next street.

"We are riding on a large bird??" I say jokingly.