Chapter 5

The sun had set and the moon now smiled to the world. The twinkling stars were having their playdate. However Theresa wasn't in a cheerful mood, she stomped to reception. She was furious. Her room was too dusty when she had gotten back from work and the bedsheets had not been changed. She slammed her hand on the counter.

"Didn't I pay for my room to be cleaned daily?" she yelled. 

"Yesterday, you didn't clean and today, the same thing. What's wrong with you people? Do..."

The receptionist cut in, "Sorry ma'am. We will clean it now"

"Oh! I don't deserve my beauty sleep!" her voice dripped of sarcasm. She flipped her hair to her shoulder and placed both hands on her waist. Her tiny waist gave her the sexy hourglass figure. With her eyes narrowed, she gave a dominating look. 

"Ma'am, you can stay in the swimming area. You can relax there while we clean. Your mates hang out there often" the receptionist informed with an attempt to mollify the tension.

"Can you believe what you are saying? I need my beauty sleep but the room is in a mess" Theresa glared at the receptionist, a plump blonde woman at front of the desk.

"Ma'am, please have mercy. We will clean it. Please!" It was a pity that the receptionist was lowered to the point of begging.

"Whatevs! We will stay at the swimming pool. Get your staffs working now" she stabbed her index finger on the counter and strutted back to her room. 

Thelma lay on the bed. A soft music filled the room as she did some paper works.

"Thelma, we have to leave. They want to clean this place" Theresa snorted and stood at the side of the bed.

"I thought I said you should not complain. You could have done that in the morning when we are leaving for work" Thelma scolded.

"Can you just shut up and let's go. Since when did I started listening to you?"

They left the room as the cleaners walked in.

***************************

They got to the swimming pool area. The moon was still smiling as the stars twinkle amongst the dark blue sky. There was an arrangement of chairs with a table at the center and a big umbrella at the top. They were shock to see a number of people occupy those chairs.

A person walked towards them. At first, due to the dark, they weren't able to see the person until he drew nearer.

"Hey girls! What brings you here?" Oscar greeted with a bright cheerful smile. His dimples were also smiling. Everyone had a smile except Theresa. 

"Oh, Oscar! Hi! We are here for some reasons. What about you?" Thelma replied, smiling back.

"I'm hanging out with some friends. Care to join?"

Thelma turned to Theresa. She pouted. Theresa shrugged with a disinterested look, "I couldn't care less. So don't even bother asking me".

A broader smile slipped into Thelma's lips, "Let's go".

Oscar turned to Theresa. His hands hung loosely at his sides, "How about you? Coming?"

Theresa just walked passed him as if he didn't exist or say a thing.

"Please, don't take it to heart" Thelma pleaded in sympathy. That would have definitely hurt.

"Me? No way! I expected that. Beside she is Theresa. The opposite of you"

"No! Don't say that".

"Then, you are saying that you are alike?" he rose a brow at her.

"Well.. " she faltered.