Chapter six: Not a bad idea

The weekend came faster than I thought. I was surprised but not complaining. I knew I had to go back to work on Friday afternoon, so that gave me time to be off Saturday night and go to that party that was stuck in the back of my mind this whole week.

Cleaning off the counter, I saw Jasmine walking in with a smile on her face. "My best friend!" I look around to see a few people staring at her but I just smiled as she approached the counter.

"You take a long break, you know that?"

She shrugs as she walks in through the other door then comes back behind the counter. "I just hate this place sometimes, but that changed when you started working here."

I just smiled at her as she was smiling at me. I knew Jasmine had a tiny crush on me but I try not to let that affect our friendship. Plus, I don't like her that way. She already knows because she told me about her crush on me. Well, she didn't really tell me but she just said that she liked me. I told her that was sweet but I just like her as a friend and nothing more. She was ok with that but I hate hurting people.

When customers started coming in, I stood behind the counter and smiled at them as a girl looked up at the menu and told me what she wanted. I rung it up then told her the total, watching her dig through her purse before pulling out a twenty.

After giving her the change, she smiled at me before walking over to the end of the counter waiting for her order. I watch her from across the counter before focusing on the next customer in line.

The afternoon came to an end and we started closing in a matter of minutes. I smiled as I said goodbye to my employees then saw Jasmine walking over to me with a smile.

"Thank God our shift is over." She chuckles. "What's your plans for tonight?"

"Go home and relax. Jace wants me to go to a party tomorrow night."

She nods as we walked through the parking lot. "Sounds fun. I might come with and crash." She laughs.

"Be my guest." I smile.

"I wish but my mom would kill me. Plus, I'm suppose to be going with her up to Georgia for a family reunion."

I nod as we came to my car and stopped. "Have fun."

She rolls her eyes. "Sure. I hate half my family members but whatever." She smiles. "Goodnight Micah." She pulls me into a hug and I hug her back.

I watch as she walks away and I get into my car before starting the engine. After driving out of the parking lot, I looked at the time on my radio and noticed that it was a little after ten. I knew that Jace was still awake and I probably wouldn't sleep tonight, so I needed an energy drink before heading home.

Pulling up a gas station, I parked then got out and locked my door before walking inside the store. I was greeted by the man behind the counter as I walked to the back where the drinks were displayed behind the glass doors.

I opened one and grabbed a Rockstar before shutting it and walking back to the front counter. I sat it down and watched him scan it before telling me the total. I handed in some money and looked at the lighters on the counter as he was counting the money.

Grabbing the money he handed me, I thanked him before walking out holding onto my drink. I walked over to my car and saw a man standing there looking at it.

When I came up to him, he looked at me and smiled. "This your car?" He looks at it once more before finding my eyes with his.

I nodded as I unlocked it and looked at him. "Yep."