Chapter fifty three: Risking it all

The rest of the week was pretty much ok. I never heard anything about the police finding Daniel's body, and I made sure that Cole was ok through all of this. It was a little hard to swallow the fact that what happened really did happen, but I try not to let that get to me, or Cameron would suspect something and I didn't want that happening.

I did manage to tell a decent enough lie for her not to ask questions regarding what happened and how I found Brailynn. It was harder than I thought, having to stand there and tell her things that weren't even remotely true, but knowing that the truth was a lot worse and for right now anyways, it's best if she believes what I told her.

But I could tell that she still wasn't fully believing everything I say and I know that my lies arent usually the best but she never did ask any more questions.

It was the last day before we had to go back to reality, I guess you could say. Classes were starting again and the break was already over, which didn't feel like it should be because it went so fast.

I did have fun though. Being with Cameron and her family felt so great that I knew I wanted to do this for a while. I wasn't sure if marriage was even an option, it was so far out of reach for right now anyways but maybe somewhere down the road.

When Brailynn and I were outside the other day, she mentioned something about if I was planning on marrying her mom and it caught me off guard. I didn't have an answer for her, so I just told her that we'll wait and see.

She said that she hopes I do marry her because she wants me as her other mom. It made me happy to know that Brailynn loves me enough to stay in her life and become part of her family.

It was definitely in the future, but not sure when.

She understood though. She just told me to hurry up.

Right now, Cameron and I were taking a shower. Getting ready to eat out with the family. I couldn't be happier at the moment as I was staring at the woman across from me, washing her body.

She caught me watching her and she slightly smiles at me. "What?"

"Do you need me to wash your back?" I ask, covering up.

She nods, handing me the loofah. I poured some body wash on it before washing her back. I smiled as I was making sure not to miss any spots, then watching the soap run down her body.

Turning around, she smiles at me before grabbing the loofah and making me turn around. She washes my back and I stand there, feeling her rub my back as I couldn't help but smile.

The feelings that are constantly running through my body has everything to do with her. It was scary but I'm getting use to it.

After a moment, she stops then wraps her arms around me and leans her head against my shoulder. "I love you, Micah."

I grab her arms and smile. "I love you too."

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." She says. "I'm so glad you came into my life because I honestly don't know what I would do if I never met you."

Smiling, I turn around and look at her. "Probably be miserable."

She rolls her eyes before shaking her head. "Smart ass. We better get out and get ready before my mom comes in and starts."

We both got out and grabbed our towels. I watched as she wrapped her around her body then walked out, leaving me standing there as I was drying off before wrapping my towel around my body and leaving the bathroom.

I walked into the room and saw her bending over, finding something in her drawers. I watched her for a moment before I let my towel fall down and I grabbed some underwear and a bra before catching her eyes in the mirror across the room.