Chapter forty nine: In for a ride

Sorry for the wait!

Everything was loud.

The atmosphere was crazy as everyone was standing around, making everything more intense than it already was. I was trying to focus all my attention on one particular thing, and that was this race.

The place they had us come to was somewhere so off that everything was a little sketchy. I didn't understand why we were basically in the middle of the city, with on-coming traffic and cops lurking around.

It didn't make any sense.

They said they had it all planned out, so I hope they're right.

Still sketchy as hell.

My car was sitting next to a few more. I walked over to it and ran my hand over it, feeling my fingers burn from the coldness the car was giving off. I had a smile on my face the whole time as I stared at this beauty.

I felt someone's arm wrap from behind me and I already knew who it was. I grabbed her arms then spun us around as I looked at her then smiled.

"You nervous?" I ask.

She gave me a look. "Of course. I'm terrified, Micah." She looks around. "This place is crazy."

I chuckle as she looks back at me. "Chill, babe." I pecked her lips. "Everything's going to be ok."

"Micah!" Brailynn ran up to me then jumped into my arms. I held onto her as I smiled at her. "I'm so excited! This isn't the first time but-"

I held my hand over her mouth then looked over at Cameron and everyone else who was crowding us. Cameron was staring at me and I knew we were in some shit.

"What do you mean, Brailynn?" She asks.

Brailynn looks at me and she knew that she wasn't suppose to say anything. I look back at Cameron then sighed. "I brought her to a race.. when I told you I was taking her somewhere."

"What?" She says, clearly getting a little mad. "Did she ride with you?"

I shook my head. "No. She's not suppose to. I had Jace and Jasmine watch her while I raced." Speaking of Jace and Jasmine, they walked up at the right moment.

"I'm so excited! Last race, babe!" Jasmine hugged my neck then I caught sight of Cameron watching her, intently.

Jace smiles at me, holding a drink in his hands. I smile back at him before introducing them to Cameron. "This is Cameron, you guys." I look over at her. "This is Jace and Jasmine."

Jace shook her hand and was smiling the whole time. Jasmine smirked at me as she shook her hand also, before looking back at her. "We've met. I work at Starbucks along with Micah."

Cameron nods, smiling at them. "It's nice to meet you."

I placed Brailynn down before watching her run away. I look back at Cameron before stuffing my hands in my pockets. It was getting pretty damn cold out here.

"I better warm up my car before the race begins."

Jasmine smiles at me, pulling me into a hug and Jace does the same thing and tells me to be careful. After they walked away, I looked over at Cameron as she was watching me.

She pulls me into a tight hug, and I heard her a sigh a moment after. "Please be careful." She kisses my cheek a few times before pressing her lips against mine in a forceful matter. "Please."

"I got this." I smile.

Pressing her forehead against mine, we stayed in that position for a moment before she leans back and looks at me. "I love you."