Chapter seventeen: Late night roaming

After work was over, Jasmine met me outside in the parking lot. I was more than ready to just hang out and forget everything that's happened the last few weeks. It's crazy to think it's been that long already but here I am, still fuzzy headed over this woman.

"This place is so crazy, I'm surprised you haven't been to it yet." Jasmine insisted on driving us. I didn't mind because it gave me a break from driving so much.

Jasmine's driving was ok, but it was definitely life threatening. She was super crazy but mostly in traffic because the drivers were stupid as shit and it made her driving worse.

It didn't take long to come into the city which surprised me since it was pretty much late and everyone was getting off of work. Jasmine made sure to get us there in no time since her driving was faster than everyone else's.

After parking in a parking lot, we both got out and walked towards the sidewalk. We stopped and looked both ways before running across the street. When we made it to the other side, I looked around and couldn't believe that I haven't been here since I've lived here for five years.

This place was pretty cool cause there were different shops around here and a lot of cool places.

"So, where's this fountain?" I ask.

Jasmine smiles as she looks back at me. "We're about to be there. It's so crazy."

Nodding, I smile. "I'll hold you to it. If it's not as cool as you're saying it to be then I want my money back."

We walked for a little while, maybe about five minutes or so, passing all kinds of different shops and cool shit. We turned a corner and came to this wide open area with more shops that were surrounding it.

I could see the fountain from the distance and even from back here, it looks cool. I couldn't wait to see it up close.

As we were walking, Jasmine was pointing at different stores that were located all around us. They had all kinds of cool shit and it still amazes me that I've never been here before after all the years I've lived here.

But then again, I didn't think I cared enough. I just wanted to come here, do my shit then leave again.

"Where's the ice cream?" I ask after a few moments of looking around at everything.

Jasmine looks at me with a smile before looking around. After a moment, she points towards an ice cream place and surprisingly it was still open. It was pretty late, but I was shocked to see that they were still serving ice cream.

We were walking up to it when I heard someone call my name. I look over at Jasmine as she was looking at me then starts looking around. We both started looking around trying to find who was yelling my name.

After a moment of looking, I saw Brailynn running to me. She jumps into my arms and I quickly hold onto her before setting her down and looking at her. "What are you doing here?" I question.

"Aunt Lexie and momma wanted to come look around so of course I had to come!" She laughs.

I smile at her before looking around and seeing Lexie and Miss Bailey walking towards us. I tried keeping my emotions inside but it was pretty much hard to do since I couldn't do that at all.

Looking over at Jasmine, she was giving me a confused look and I totally forgot that she didn't even know anyone.

"This is Brailynn," I look down at her then back at Jasmine. They introduced each other then that's when Lexie and Miss Bailey walked up to us.

"What a nice surprise." Lexie smiles. "I was wondering who Brailynn was running up to."

Smiling at her, I glance over at Miss Bailey as she was staring at me. "So, what are y'all doing here?" I ask, looking back at Lexie.