Chapter forty one: Not Expected

Trigger Warning

I was being pulled out of my mom's room and down the hall. The floor was scratching my arms and stomach up, but I didn't make any noise to indicate that I was in pain.

She slung me on the floor into the living room. I looked up at her as she staring down at me with her arms crossed.

"I'm tired of this, Micah! I'm sick of it! First, you disrespect me and your father. Then we caught you drinking, now you're in my room taking my pills?" She walks over somewhere before walking back with a belt in her hands.

"Mom, please." I begged. There was no use in crying since she only hits me harder when I do. "It won't happen again."

She holds the belt in her hand and watches me. "I'm tired of having a daughter that doesn't listen to her parents. When she's told to do something, she should do it without hesitation! I don't want you to turn out like a bad kid! I don't want that! But I guess it's too late. The only way for you to learn is to beat the shit out of you."

I covered my face the whole time as she was hitting me. The pain was unreal but I was trying to hold it together. My legs were already bruised. My arms were black and blue. My chest was covered in marks and my whole life is fucking shit.

I wish I was dead.

-

I blinked a few times as I looked around and saw that I was sitting on a couch in the middle of a party. My breathing was getting back to normal as I looked down and saw a drink in my hand.

Taking a few chugs, I leaned my head back and shut my eyes for a moment, not understanding why my flashbacks come at the most inconvenient times.

As I was sitting there, I felt the couch move and when I looked up, I saw a girl sitting next to me. She smiled before taking a sip of her drink then licking her lips.

"My name is Ashley."

"Micah." I nod.

She looks around for a moment before looking back at me. "You come here alone?"

Shrugging, I looked around and noticed that I didn't know anyone here. I basically came here from the restaurant. I sure as hell didn't want to go home, plus I knew Jace wasn't going to be there.

"How old are you?" Ashley asks.

"Twenty five."

I saw her smile before moving closer to me. "That's so cool. "I'm twenty three. Are you from around here?"

"Yeah."

She nods then smiles, taking a sip of her drink. "I live around the city. I don't really live around here. It's about a thirty minute drive."

"What made you come all the way over here?"

Shrugging, she smiles at me. "Not sure. I knew there was a party here because my friend told me about it. I guess I just came cause I knew there would be a cute girl here."

I gotta give her credits for being smooth.

We kept talking for a little while longer and she was pretty cool. She wasn't drunk or all over me, so that was a first but it was nice to actually just sit and talk to someone.

As we were getting lost in conversation, it sorta died then we sat there for a moment as the music was blaring and everyone was dancing around. I watched as Ashley looks around for a moment then looks back at me with a smile.

"You wanna go somewhere?"

I stared at her as I was seriously thinking about it, but knowing that a part of me wasn't on board with the whole sleeping with her shit.