Chapter fifty four: Traces

"Cam-" Lexie stops when she enters the living room. I saw her staring at us with a smile on her face. I currently was holding Cameron as she had her head against my shoulder and her arms wrapped around me.

We were standing in the middle of the room, embraced in each other's arms. There was soft music playing from the stereo and I guess we got lost in the music.

"Cameron." Lexie repeated.

She lifts her head from my shoulder and looks over at her sister. Lexie smiles then motions behind her. "Lunch is ready, come on."

"Give us a minute." Cameron said.

Lexie walks out and I look at Cameron. I slightly smiled. "We better go before your mom comes." I chuckle.

She rolls her eyes. "She won't do anything." She leans over and slightly kisses my neck. The feeling was amazing as I closed my eyes and felt her hand reach my face.

After a moment of her kissing my neck, she started biting it and I quickly pull away to see her smirking at me. I reached towards my neck and touched the spot.

"What was that for?"

She only laughed then grabbed my hand, walking out of the living room. I saw Brailynn standing at the counter and Cameron smacked her behind then smiled at her.

Brailynn gave her mom the most confused look. I couldn't help but smile as I stood next to her. "What's up shorty?"

She looks up at me and smiles. "Guess what."

"What?"

"Next week I'll be ten." She grins.

I smiled down at her. "Really? That's crazy."

"Soon enough I'll be taller than you." She smiles. "How tall are you?"

I shrugged. "I think I'm five six."

She looks me up and down before looking back up in my eyes. "I'm almost taller than you now."

"How tall are you?"

"I don't know." She grabs a brownie then walks away.

I chuckle as I follow her to the table. We sat down and I talked to her for a moment as Cameron was standing with Lexie and their mom at the stove. I watched them for a moment until Brailynn shoved the brownie in her mouth before Cameron saw her.

Sofia brought over a few plates than sat them on the table. I saw some sandwiches along with a few bags of chips and dip. I smiled at how simple this was.

Cameron sat down across from me, with Lexie and her mom on either side of her. Brailynn was sitting next to me as we all started making a plate.

Of course Cameron was the only one left out. She didn't grab any food but sipped on her drink every once in a while. I watched her for a moment until her eyes caught mine and she smiled.

I motioned towards the food and watched as her eyes landed on it but then looks back up at me. She grabs a handful of chips before placing them in the plate in front of her.

I watched as she ate some then smiled at me, which made me smile then I turned my attention towards Sofia as she was talking to everyone.

After lunch was over, we were all getting ready to leave. I didn't want to go but I knew classes were starting back and I had to face reality for only six more months.

Thank God.

"Why don't you eat?" I said as I was in the room with Cameron.

She turns to look at me for a moment. "I do. I just don't eat a lot cause of my disorder."