Chapter thirty three: Mind over Matter

Song^ Trauma by NF

"You wanna know what your daughter has been doing?!" My mom yells.

I saw my father walk through the door and I knew things were about to get worse than they already were. I could still feel the pain in my legs from my mom beating me with a belt until I was black and blue.

I couldn't hardly walk.

My father came towards me then grabbed my shirt before yelling in my face. I winced as the smell of alcohol was all over his breath, trying not to make it seem like it bothered me.

He slung me to the ground before yelling at me some more then walking away. I saw my mom walking towards me and grabbing me by the arm, pulling me to my room.

"I'm tired of being disrespected in my own home! By my own daughter! I raised you to be better than this! Or maybe I didn't raise you at all! Maybe you aren't even mine!" She slams the door before walking towards me.

"Mom, please!" I sat on the floor crying.

The belt swung and hit me in the arms, the chest and the thighs. Pain was surfacing through every part of my body as I laid there and cried and cried..

Feeling numb

-

Breathing in as I look around and noticed I was outside. I sighed as I rubbed my head and eyes. I knew tears were forming in my eyes and it was hard keeping them from falling.

Sitting on the hood of my car, I took the view in as this was pretty much therapeutic. The calmness of the world around me. The breeze from the wind. The view to take in at the edge of the cliff.

There's this place in town where, I guess it used to be surrounded by trees or something like a park and it's pretty much a cliff that overlooks the town below.

Cool as hell and I knew about it from hearing all kinds of things about this town when I first moved here. I haven't really explored a lot of places here, but I need to stop unraveled the secrets.

I've only been up here a few times but it seems to always calm me down when I'm going through some shit.

Which is my life so..

I heard my phone vibrate as I knew it was another text. I've been getting texts from Cameron for the last few hours. I couldn't understand why she was just all of a sudden apologizing when she should have been the moment she hit me.

It still has my mind boggled.

Looking down at the text, I read it then instantly felt like an idiot.

"Micah.. please. We need to talk. I'm sorry. You already knew that I was like this. You can't take it out of me please. Where are you?"

Maybe going to her house and talking it out will solve all this but, what if it doesn't?

What if I have to deal with this every time she gets mad?

Am I sure I want to do this?

Seeing another text come through, my heart instantly starts pounding.

"I need you.. please"

What is it about her that makes my heart do this crazy shit like it's wanting to burst through my chest and stop all at the same time?

I don't understand why it has to be her.

Sighing, I slid off the top of my car then got in. Starting it up, I left the place I was at then drove back into town. I wasn't even sure what the hell was about to happen but I couldn't keep myself away from her and it was driving me to the point of insanity.