Chapter twenty nine: Show and Tell

Waking up to the sound of noises. I turned over on my back then stretched and stared at the ceiling before realizing that I was at Cameron's house.

Sitting up, I grabbed my phone to see the time and saw that it was a little after five in the morning. I yawned before pulling the covers away from my body then standing up.

Walking out of the room, I walked downstairs and followed the noises that were coming from the kitchen. When I walked in, I saw Cameron standing in front of the counter next to the sink, making coffee.

I walked in then leaned on the counter in the middle of the kitchen and watched her. She stood there for a moment before turning around and jumping a little. I watched her hold onto her coffee before looking at me.

"You scared me."

I smiled before stretching again. I haven't woke up this early in years and it was making my body so tired. I had to keep stretching to make sure my body was awake, cause I'd hate to be doing something and my body just stop working from the lack of communication from my brain.

"I don't know how you wake up this early." I yawned.

She smiles at me. "It's been a routine for years. I'm use to it." I watch her walk over to then lean over and kiss my cheek. "Good morning." She smiles.

"I want coffee."

She chuckles before pointing at the coffee pot. "The milk is in the fridge. The sugar is in the cabinet above the coffee pot and if you prefer creamer, it's in the cabinet also."

Walking to the fridge, I grabbed the milk. "I like how you told me where the milk was. Like, my guess wouldn't be the fridge. I would of looked under the sink if anything else."

"Ok, smart ass." She laughs.

Making a cup of coffee, I lean against the counter before taking a sip and feeling my body automatically react. There's something about it that I can't explain and even though I haven't had real coffee in a while, it still made my body sigh in happiness.

"What time do you go to the college?" I ask.

"Around six. I wake up early enough to enjoy the sunrise and my coffee."

I smiled as she was leaning against the counter across from me. She took a sip of her coffee before looking over at me and smiling down at her cup. "I want to thank you for staying the night."

"I wasn't going to say no." I said. She took a sip of coffee as I watched her.

She stares at the cup in her hands. "I just didn't want to it come off too rushed or whatever."

I smiled. "It's not like we slept together."

Looking up at me, she rolls her eyes before smiling. "Smart ass, I swear."

Shrugging, I took another sip of my coffee before watching her. "So, if you leave around six then how does Brailynn get to school?"

"Lexie comes over and takes care of it. I hate to miss my mornings with her but I can't help it."

"At least she understands, right?"

She nods. "True. She knows that I have to be at the college at a certain time and that keeps me away from getting her ready for school."

"What time does she go to school?" I took another sip.

"She has to be there at seven thirty."

Nodding, I took another sip of coffee. "I forgot the time school actually starts. Although it was a lot different when I lived over in Nevada since the time change and everything."