Chapter twenty six: I Spy

The days progressed and nothing exciting happened. I was still on the hunt for whoever broke into my apartment and destroyed it, which I still think it's Cole but every time I bring it up, he shuts me out and tells me he didn't do it.

So, I'm at a stand-still.

But on top of everything else, I still forgot about Daniel, Cameron's ex or whatever the hell he is. He was still on my list on the people to look out for and something tells me that he's watching me.

That look he gave me when I walked out of Cameron's house that day, he knew something and I could see it on his face. I knew he was watching me and I wasn't about to let my guard down.

I hate sitting around and waiting for something to happen, but I'm not a dumb ass who jumps into action thinking I can solve the mystery myself. So, I'm waiting it out and whatever happens, I'll be prepared for it.

I really thought I got away from all this shit when I left Nevada years ago, but I guess it followed me down here. I knew I wouldn't be able to have a somewhat decent life, because no matter what I do or where I go, something has to happen.

My life back in Nevada was complete shit. I left it for the better but honestly, I wouldn't call where I'm living now any better than where I was years ago. I thought I left everything behind, but my past is like a fucking bee, and I can't escape it.

The only thing I left in Nevada was my mom, my dad and parts of myself that I never want back. I had to leave and I'm glad I did but sometimes the memories come back to the surface and I'm forced to watch a rerun of them.

*

"I don't understand why I can't have a normal child?"

Crossing my arms, I stood in the doorway of the small kitchen we had. The whole thing looked too small to be a kitchen, and in my opinion I think it was a bathroom before someone turned it into a kitchen.

"Define normal?" I asked.

My mom looks up at me and I could see the amusement on her face. Ha- not. She shook her head before sighing. "Micah, I'm tired of this. I'm sick and tired of this!" She slams her fists on the table.

"Then do something about it. Change the wallpaper in this kitchen for starters. I think the whole house needs remodeling but.." I look around for a moment. "I don't know."

"That's not what I meant and your smart ass does not amuse me."

I roll my eyes before leaning my head against the door frame. Staring at my mom, I wasn't sure who she was anymore. Everything about her seemed to changed and even though she said it was all my fault, I think it's bullshit.

What kind of mother treats their children the way she's been treating me?

"Why are you drinking? You're sixteen, Micah."

"Why are you abusive? You're my mom."

My mom started abusing me for no reason or she might have a reason but never really made any sense.

She didn't answer the question I asked which showed how much she knew. It was stupid watching my own mother act this way, and my father isn't any better. They all blame me for my problems and there's nothing I can do about it.

Except live with it.

After a few moments, I heard my mom ask the most ridiculous question ever asked by society.

"Why are you gay, Micah?"

Staring at her, I had a blank expression on my face. No emotions whatsoever as I just looked at the woman across the room.