Chapter sixteen: Just some feelings

A/N: I am so sorry about all these slow updates. I have so much going on right now! But nonetheless, I'm trying!

"You ready for this weekend?" Jasmine smiles as she hands me my coffee.

I grab the coffee and smile at her. "Of course. I want ice cream."

She chuckles. "Is that the only reason you're coming?"

Shrugging, I smiled. "What else?" I laughed. "I'm joking. I want to spend time with my best friend."

"Good." She smiles. "I'll text you today after I get all the shit organized cause you know I can't keep things in order."

Nodding. I smile. "Same way with me. I'll see you later." I walked out of the coffee shop, holding onto my coffee but wasn't looking where I was going and ran into someone.

I'm glad I didn't spill my coffee or drop it. Otherwise, I'll be extremely pissed right now. I was holding onto it pretty well and I'm thankful for that.

"I'm so sorry." I look up to see Miss Bailey staring at me and I felt my heart drop to my stomach just by seeing her here. "Hey, Micah."

"Uh, hey." I said, which you could definitely hear the nervousness in my voice. I don't know what it is about this woman that makes me so damn nervous.

She smiles at me. "I was just on my way to get some coffee. Didn't think I'll see you here. But then again, you always have a coffee in your hands."

I nodded, holding onto my coffee tightly. "Yep."

Her eyes scan the Starbucks building before looking back at me. "So, what do you prefer? Not really a big Starbucks fan but I thought I'd give it a shot."

"Um, I always go with the ice white chocolate mocha. I switch it up sometimes but it's my favorite."

She nods, smiling. "I think I'll try that. I'll see you in class, Micah." She walks past me and I turn to watch her walk in before walking away and getting the hell away from here.

-

Sitting in Miss Bailey's, we were paired up with partners. Of course we didn't get to pick our partners, so Miss Bailey assigned them and I prayed I got anyone but the person I didn't want but my luck is shit.

Cole was tearing off pieces of paper, placing then in his mouth then spitting them at me. I tried ignoring it but it was so hard when you have a twenty four year old acting like a five year old.

I was about five seconds away from punching him so hard, but I had to keep my cool because I wasn't about to give him a reaction which is clearly what he's wanting from me.

Miss Bailey was walking around asking if anyone needed help. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her as she was helping someone. My eyes traveled from down her stomach to her legs then back up to her face.

As I was mesmerized by her, I felt something hit the side of my face. Cole started laughing and I look over at him as he was holding a piece of paper that was balled up.

"You're a child."

He grinned. "And you just got caught staring at Miss Bailey like she was food."

I felt my face heat up but quickly pushed it back. "Shut up. I was staring into space. Not like you're helping me anyways."

Before he could say anything, Miss Bailey walks up to our table. "Are you two ok? Need any help?"

I caught Cole looking at me then he looks up at Miss Bailey. "Actually, we do need help. Micah seems to be focused on something besides the work."