Chapter thirteen: Dilemma

Sitting at home after classes, I kept watching the clock as I counted the seconds go by. I wasn't sure if I was going to the party or not but this bad feeling I had, I couldn't shake.

I told Jace about the party and he said that he was definitely going. He was currently walking around the apartment trying to find something to wear. I saw him in his boxers a few times as he kept walking up and down the hall as I was sitting on the couch.

"Are you coming?" Jace asks as he stops in the living room.

I look over at him for a moment then shrug. "Not sure. I'm still thinking about it."

He places his hands on his hips. "What's there to think about? It's a party! You love parties."

Shrugging, I look back at the tv. "It's a weeknight."

"So?"

"It's stupid to have a party during the week." Which was true but it wasn't the only thought I had about this whole party situation.

The thing that confuses me is the fact that Cole asked me to come for some girls. Now, he never asks me to come to a party, especially when there's girls. Cole and I hardly ever talk nor hang out so it was a little weird for me.

Cole is on my non-trust list. He's an ok guy but my trust for him just doesn't reach the level that I have for anyone else. He's always up to stupid shit, putting me on the spot then acting like he wasn't the bad guy when we would get into trouble.

I'm still a little on the edge about the whole thing.

Jace looks at me for the longest time. "Get out of your little head for a minute and please get your ass ready."

I sighed as he left the living room. I leaned my head back against the couch and stared up at the ceiling. I knew that it was a bad idea to even consider going to this party tonight, but something was pulling me in that direction that I couldn't ignore.

-

"I love a good party." Jace smiles as we walk towards the house. The whole thing was lit up with different color lights. You could hear the music a mile from the road and everyone was just acting goofy.

Pushing our way into the house, a lot of people were already drunk out of their minds. I couldn't help but smile since I love this atmosphere but I couldn't shake this feeling I had when I entered.

The type of feeling you get when you know a situation is bad before it even gets bad. The whole vibe from the place just stops in motion and you're standing there debating whether or not you really want to continue even though you know it's a bad idea.

It was a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and I usually trust that gut feeling more than anything, but with Jace pulling my arm through the crowds of people, I had to shake the feeling off for a moment before he caught me and asked what the hell was going on.

Jace doesn't necessarily believe the whole vibe thing that I get. He thinks it's over the top and defines it as a way of trying to get out of situations. We've been friends for over fifteen years and he still thinks that.

He says it's all up in my head and sometimes I believe him because it's pretty stupid to think about something bad when it's pretty plain to see that there's nothing wrong.

But even the eyes are deceiving to the mind.

We came into the kitchen where a few people were standing near the table with alcohol. Jace grabs a cup then pours something into it. He smiles at me before downing the cup in a few seconds.