Chapter nine: Realization

The week pretty much progressed itself into a never ending torture. I was already tired of classes and it was only the second week. I still had at least forty four more weeks left, so I better get my ass to stop complaining so damn much.

But, I noticed something throughout the week and it had me questioning it a lot more than I should have. I noticed that Miss Bailey seemed a little out of it the whole week.

She wasn't acting herself. She wouldn't smile at the students when they came in. She wasn't talking a lot, mostly just giving us book readings and letting us leave early. It didn't make any sense and made me a little concern, but I didn't let it get to me too much.

It was Friday and we were all in Miss Bailey's class. I kept stealing glances at her as she was standing at her podium, looking down at something that was in front of her. I kept trying to figure out what the problem was but there was no use, so I let it go.

I don't even know why I care so much, or the fact that I'm so strung out over this.

There was about five minutes left to the class and I was getting ready for her to announce to everyone that we could leave. Since she's been doing it all week, there was hope that she would do it again.

"Ok class, you may leave early."

As everyone was packing their shit up, I was sitting there watching. Cole looks over at me and gave me a weird look before walking out of the classroom with everyone else.

After sitting there waiting for everyone to leave, I got up and grabbed my things before catching Miss Bailey watching my every move. I smiled at her but she didn't return it.

Pulling my bag over my shoulder, I walk up to her as she was steadily watching me, which honestly gave me some type of feelings throughout my body.

More scared shitless than besides the fact that she was staring me down as I was approaching her.

"Hi, Miss Bailey."

"Hey, Micah." She said as she was watching me. "What can I do for you?"

I held onto my bag strap as I was looking at her. "I just wanted to.. um-" I continued to stare at her when I realized that my brain wasn't working. I had a conversation in my head before walking up here and now I can't remember it.

"What?" She asks as she was staring at me, waiting for something but I couldn't think right now.

"I forgot." I nervously chuckled.

She continues to watch me as she slowly nods. "Ok. Well, get to your next class before you're late." She looks at her computer.

I gave her a weird look and she caught it as she looks over at me. "There's a five minute break between each class, Miss Bailey."

She must have realized as she slowly nods. "Sorry, I tend to forget."

Watching her for a moment, the next words out of my mouth must have slipped faster than a bitch on a trampoline. "Are you ok?"

Her eyes looks over at me and I could see something in them but wasn't sure. She just looked at me for the longest time and I was afraid she'd get mad and started yelling at me for asking her that.

"I'm fine." She said.

It was that simple word that told me that she was lying. I could easily pick that up from everyone since I had years of experience from dealing with people who did nothing but lie.

Although Miss Bailey was lying to me, there wasn't anything I could do. I just had to tell her a goodbye and walk out the door.

-