Chapter eleven: Babysitting Service

"I want to come! I love kids!" Jace was holding his hands together, pouting his bottom lip out. I just kept staring at him not giving him an answer that he wants.

Sometime during this week, Miss Bailey pulled me aside after class and asked if I still wanted to babysit. Of course I agreed, but for some reason something was still a little off about the whole situation.

It was a little stranger since it was the middle of the week and Miss Bailey just happens to have plans at night. Not sure how long it was suppose to last but I'm wondering if she remembers that it's not a weekend.

I can easily pick up vibes and like I mentioned before, she definitely has a bad vibe going towards her. But nonetheless, she gave me her number and address plus some directions on when to call.

Telling Jace about all of this was something that I could of avoided but couldn't. So instead, he's following me around begging to come babysit with me.

"I don't think Miss Bailey would like anther person to come babysit. She doesn't know you."

He crosses his arms and stared at me. "Oh, and she knows you?"

Shrugging, I look at him. "I mean, I'm her student. I did give her a paper the beginning of classes, explaining everything about me."

His eyebrow rose. "Everything?"

"You know what I mean. Basic shit."

Jace groaned as he followed me to the bedroom. "Please Micah! Ask her if I can come."

Looking over at the window, maybe I can jump through it and end all this torture. I sighed then picked up my phone and started dialing her number. Jace stood there smiling at me, trying to press his ear up to the phone.

It kept ringing and ringing. Nobody was answering. Then I got her voicemail, which I listened to a little too long before hanging up.

"She didn't answer." I shrugged.

Jace crosses his arms. "Well, looks like we're doing a surprise visit."

"No-" Jace grabs my arm and pulls me out of the room.

-

Standing in front of the house that had the address that Miss Bailey gave me, I was in complete shock. I looked over at Jace as he had the same expression that I did. His mouth was slightly open and his eyes were constantly scanning the house in front of him.

"You sure you got the right address?"

Taking my phone out, I made sure that it was the right address. Looking through it, I found it and obviously it was the right address. It was just a little hard to believe that someone could even live in this type of house.

Not saying that it was a huge mansion, five bedroom, four bathrooms, a fucking game room, big ass backyard, a gate surrounded by guards. It was nothing like that, not even close.

But this house was jaw-dropping.

I knocked on the door then glanced around for a moment. Making sure it wasn't the wrong house once more, then the door opened and a woman stood there. She had brown hair, brown eyes and was really pretty.

She smiled. "Hi, you must be Micah." I watch as she eyes Jace for a moment before looking back at me.

"Yeah." I smile. "Um, I tried calling Miss Bailey earlier to see if it was ok if my friend babysits too?"

Nodding, she opens the door and allows us to walk inside. "Follow me and you can ask her." We followed her through the house and it was so beautiful, not too big but it was gorgeous inside and out. When we approached the living room, I saw Miss Bailey standing with a little girl. "Cam, you have visitors."