Chapter fifty nine: Something New

After that day at Cameron's, everything went back to the way they were. We were back seeing each other and everything was basically the same but I knew it wasn't.

It was never going to be the same, no matter what.

After that month of being apart, I had a lot of time to think about everything and exactly what I'm doing with my life. I still don't know where we'll end up because the future is unsure, but I know that it's never going to be ok.

I just have to get through it.

With her.

It's been a week since everything happened, but didn't feel like it's been that long. Seems like it was yesterday when everything happened, but it wasn't.

It's been a week.

I told Jace what happened and at first, he didn't like the idea of us being back together.

He called our relationship "toxic", but I just told him that I'm an adult and I know what I'm doing.

Then he hit me with the "adults are idiots too" shit, and I had to kind of agree with him.

But that didn't stop me from knowing what I'm doing.

Cameron and I are a mess. What do you do with messes? You clean them up.

Classes started back and I asked the Dean if I could transfer back into Cameron's class but I was denied since it was close to the end of the semester and graduation was right around the corner.

Final exams were getting close and if I thought everyone was freaking out because of the mid-terms, then I was dead wrong when I saw everyone already studying for the finals.

It wasn't even time. We had at least another two months.

I wasn't worrying about it. I was just dealing with the everyday assignments that my instructors were making us do.

I was sitting in the student lounge, minding my own business and writing down some things from the book that was opened next to me. I was highlighting some parts, getting my shit done.

As I was sitting there, someone walks up behind me and slightly hits me in the back of the head. I held the spot then saw Cameron smiling, walking around to the other side of the table and sitting down.

"What was that for?"

She places the folder, I guess what she hit me with, on the table, along with a drink then shrugs. "I don't know. Just wanted to."

I shook my head then went back to my studying. Everything was pretty much great between us. But it's always like that before something bad happens, and right now I am having a feeling that something is going to happen.

I just can't catch a break.

Other than everything else, Cameron keeps apologizing everyday. I keep telling her that's it's ok and it's behind us, but she just can't get over what happened.

I guess the whole Daniel shit is behind us. She never brings it up and I never talk about it.

Brailynn never asks either, but I'm just wondering when she does.. is Cameron going to actually tell her.

Every now and then, I heard a few pages being turned as Cameron was focused on the folder in front of her. I watched her for a moment before looking back at my book, writing things down.

"Have you talked to the Dean?" She asks.

I look up at her as she was watching me and I nodded. "Yeah, and I can't get back into your class because of it being so close to the end."