Chapter fifteen: Grounded

Not sure if I was being stubborn, but I tried avoiding Miss Bailey as much as I could. Just something was telling me to avoid her and I wasn't going to ignore this feeling that I was having.

She still has a bad vibe going towards her. Sometimes I just ignore it but this time I couldn't.

When I saw her with that guy, something in my just completely shut down to where I had to stay away from her. I saw him on her Instagram and in the car with him that night.

If that's her husband then I might as well stay away.

It was a little difficult in classes though. I knew it was going to be hard but I had to make it work. I hardly looked at her longer than a second. I glanced up only to take notes that were written on the board. It wasn't impossible to do and I honestly don't understand why people couldn't do it when they're trying to avoid someone.

After class was over, I was the first one out the door. I quickly walked through the halls and outside to the parking lot. I unlocked my car and threw my bag in before Cole caught up to me.

"Nice to know you ignore me." He crosses his arms. "What happened yesterday? You didn't even show up."

"I had shit to do, Cole. I don't care about this little favor of yours, ok?"

He shook his head. "You want cash?"

Staring at him, I looked around for a moment. "Yeah."

"That's what I thought." He smiles. "Now, you wanna do that favor?"

I shrugged. "Depends on what it is."

He nods, looks around then back at me. "Meet me here after classes. Do not leave, got it?"

I watched as he walked off. I looked around before getting into my car and decided to go to Starbucks. I had a coffee this morning but I honestly needed another one. I could drink at least ten a day and feel totally fine.

Greeting Jasmine at the counter, I told her my usual then stood there and looked around as she was fixing my coffee. After a moment, she walks back and hands me the cup with a smile on her face.

"What are you plans for this weekend?"

Shrugging, I grab the coffee then placed a twenty on the counter. "Work?"

"Right." She nods. "After work?"

I took a sip then shook my head. "No clue. Don't really have any plans."

"Want to come somewhere with me?"

"Where?" I wondered.

She smiles. "I know a place here in town. It's beautiful at night and it's literally in the heart of the city."

Tilting my head to the side, I give her a look. "Where?"

"There's this fountain." She smiles. "It's so pretty. Plus, there's so many other cool places around it. Like, shops and stores. Ice cream."

I chuckled as I watched her. "You sold me on ice cream."

Her smile widens. "Awesome! So that's a yes?"

"Yes." I smile.

She pumps her fists then places a strand of hair behind her ear as she smiles at me. "Ok, so after work we'll head over there."

Nodding, I smile. "Sounds fun."

After we talked a little more, I decided to get back to class since I was already late for my next one. The time just slipped away from me and I didn't even know it.