Chapter forty two: Revenge

Song^ Raise Hell by DOROTHY

I slammed my car door, ran inside the apartment and ran into my bedroom. I heard Jace yell after me but I ignored him as I flipped my mattress over and found what I was looking for.

Walking to my closet, I grabbed my bat then turned around and saw Jace standing at the door, watching me. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I gotta go." I made sure I had everything, plus a few masks and gloves. I held the bat then tried walking out my room but Jace stopped me. "Dude, I gotta go!"

"Tell me what the hell you're doing. You have.. gloves, masks and a fucking bat!"

I sighed as I didn't have time for this shit. "Ugh, ok! I'm going to find Cameron's ex fucking shithead motherfucking- I don't know! I gotta go!" Trying to walk away, he grabbed my arm.

"Calm down and explain to me again. You're screaming and yelling, running around like a mad woman."

I stared at him then took a deep breath. "I'm going to find a dude who is Cameron's baby daddy."

"Why?"

I groaned. "Because.. I found out that he raped her, ok? I need to finish this shit once and for all."

He stared at me in complete confusion. "Ok.. I sent you to a therapist appointment and you come back, batshit crazy, talking nonesense.. what happened?"

"Cameron's sister called me after my appointment and told me to meet her at the Cafe. I did and she told me everything that happened the last few days cause her daughter told me that she was pregnant but she's not and I found the truth out so now I'm on the hunt for Daniel.." I looked at him. "Ok?"

Looking at me like I was crazy, he shook his head. "Not really."

"I gotta go." I started walking away and he followed.

"So, what are you planning on doing?"

I stopped at the door and looked at him. "Teach him a lesson."

He watches me for a moment. "Are you planning on harming him?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Micah.."

I shook my head. "No. I'm tired of playing by the rules. I'm tired of acting like this is all ok. This dude has been messing with her far too long and this time.. he's not walking away free." I held the bat tightly in my hands. "I have tried talking to the moron. I have tried communicating, which didn't work at all. He lost his free chances of getting away with this shit."

I could see the complete fear in his eyes because Jace knew what I was capable of doing to someone if they messed with me. I knew he was scared but he had no reason to be.

"Micah.. please." He sighed. "I can't stop you from walking out that door, but promise me you will come back home."

I placed all the stuff down then pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me as I heard him sniff back tears. When we pulled back, I smiled at him before grabbing my stuff.

"I promise, buddy."

I placed the bat over my shoulder and watched as he looked at me. It was heartbreaking to see him act this way but I knew he cared deeply about me and didn't want me hurt.

But I knew what I was doing.

"When will you be back?" He walks outside then stops.

I turn to look at him for a moment. "Not sure. I'll text you."