12 | LITTLE STARK

NONE

. . . . . .

| |

''I always wish I met you before all this chaos started.

I know that you're someone amazing despite everything.

I love you.''

| |

THE AFTERNOON SEEMED to come by so quickly as the team (minus Peter) made their way into the tower.

Groans escaped all of their lips as the team. Taking this as a sign, Clint climbed into the vents. Probably on his way to take a shower. He reeked.

The other Avengers laid on the couch. Limbs under and over each other as they all got into comfortable positions despite the sweat that poured off of them.

Giggles were heard from down the hall as feet padded into the room where the team rested.

''Daddy!'' Morgan's voice rang out as she jumped onto her father's lap earning an 'oof' out the man's mouth.

''Hey, my little creation,'' Tony answered his daughter tiredly, but still managed to shoot her a smile.

''Did you get her?'' Morgan asked, fully aware of her family trying to find their shared soulmate over the past weeks.

Tony smiled with sad and tired eyes as he shook his head. "Close, sweetheart,'' he told his daughter.

Morgan smiled, but it didn't meet her eyes. You said that last time, Daddy, she thought as placed a kiss on her father's cheek and hopped off Tony's lap, making her way to her room.

Tony and Pepper were her parents. She knew that. Darn, she had proof that Pepper was her mother.

But Morgan always knew she really wasn't. She didn't feel that pull people usually felt with their parents with her; only with her father.

Morgan had figure out at 4 years old when her father and mother divorced.

Turns out they weren't mates. Worse: false.

Having a false mate is one of the worst things in the world that could happen to a person. It was having a mark that was temporary.

It could last for who knows long. Days, months...

Years.

And that's exactly what happened to Tony and Pepper. They tried to stay together. They DID stay together, but Pepper changed.

She cheated, but she only got lucky.

Morgan was theirs. She was a healthy and proud Stark-Potts.

That's what Morgan used to say. That she was proud that she was a Stark-Potts, but now she didn't know what to think or feel.

Morgan was the only thing that kept Pepper and Tony in contact, and she knew it. That and the fact that the pair still loved each other.

When Morgan heard that her father's soulmate was out there, she felt a new different. A good different. Not just pretending to feel whole. Now having a want to meet the person who had her family's heart.

So she prayed.

Yeah, Morgan thought it was stupid, too, but it seemed to comfort the ache in her heart to an extent when it felt like it was holding too much inside.

For a moment, she felt brief. She felt whole. And didn't feel like a Potts.

But like a Stark, and something more.

¤☆|☆¤

''How's Morgan?" Tony asked FRIDAY, cuddled up on the couch with Stephen.

''Currently praying, Mr. Stark,'' the AI responded, getting a confused expression from the rich genius.

"Praying?'' he asked as Stephen laughed, shaking his head with laughter as he looked to his confused soulmate.

''Some children have bonds with their parents, praying to them. Mainly when they die or aren't around at all,'' Stephen told him.

Tony's confusion just kept growing, along with his expression.

''Huntress isn't Morgan's mother. Pepper is,'' he said sternly. Stephen raised an eyebrow at him.

''But she's your soulmate.''

''You're true one.''

/¤☆|☆¤\

𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️