7 | MISSION PT. 2

None

. . . . . .

| |

''At night, I can't sleep. In the morning, I can't wake up.''

| |

BUCKY WALKED DOWN the hall, trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes as he sat down at the kitchen island.

The team's shared soulmate had a panic attack the other night, something that didn't happen often from them.

Soulmates didn't only send emotions all the time. Like right now, the team was getting hit with a heavy wave of drowsiness.

''Anything new?" Bucky asked, humming in pleasure when a flavor of blueberry pancakes bursts throughout his mouth.

''Yeah. New mission,'' Steve said, trying to fight back a yawn that wanted to escape his lips.

''How about we just not do it?" Tony asked, forehead resting on the table and his left hand grasping a coffee cup.

''We can't, you know that. Fury said it has something to do with the Huntress,'' Natassha said to the group.

Suddenly, a rush of energy came through the team, the large amount drowsiness that rested on them lifted.

By this point, they knew their soulmate was strong; different.

None of them had the effect that they had on them. Their emotions flooded and come to them with force, it was so hard to pay attention to anything but them.

''What do we know about the mission?" Clint asked. FRIDAY brought up filed from what Fury had sent almost immediately after.

It was a mission about the President of France. A planned assassination at a large social hall.

''Do you really think the Huntress would kill in front of that many people?" Bruce asked.

Pietro shrugged his shoulders. ''She's killed in public before. I don't think there would a difference here.''

But it would. There would have to ID checks, security everywhere, and backgrounds for everyone. All for the safety of the president.

''Why would she try to kill the president?" Steve asked, clearly confused.

Clint shrugged his shoulders. ''Why does Huntress do anything? We'll never know,'' he said, getting up and leaving the room.

No one got upset at him for it either. They all had built-up frustrations, having trouble with their lost soulmate.

And the Huntress was all they had to take it out on.

/¤☆|☆¤\

𝙰𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚗𝙸𝚜𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙽𝚘𝚘𝚋𝚜©️