Chapter 46: Mess

"Dr Kim? Are you all set for this afternoon?" Nurse Luna asked a nervous Taeyeon as they filled in their time sheets. Tae looked up at her and smiled before taking a deep breath and nodding. "Yeah, I think I am…I'm kinda scared but excited I guess," Tae said with a chuckle. She flipped her dark hair out of her white coat and smoothed out her blue scrubs. This was it, she was ready.

Tae had been a qualified doctor for just under 2 years and she was now given the task of lecturing the new interns at the hospital. Tae couldn't believe the years had flown by so fast and she could clearly remember herself in their same position. She was so nervous, scared, unsure but of course, the one consistent thing in her life during that time was Tiffany…her Tiffany. Tae smiled as she checked her phone one last time before heading into the ward to meet her students and patients.

Message from Fany: Good luck Dr Kim…I love you baby! You're gonna be amazing! xX

Tae took another deep breath and smiled with a short nod to reassure herself before she ventured into the ward. Tae would be doing what they called an "onsite tutorial" where she would walk the students around the hospital wards she was in charge of and explain her diagnoses of her patients to them. She would then ask them questions about the symptoms and conditions to test their knowledge.

It was Tae's first time lecturing but she was looking forward to it and from what she could remember when she was still an intern was the snarky comments from the patients when the students got the answers wrong.

Tae looked up and smiled her lobsided grin as she was met with a few pairs of eager eyes hungry for knowledge. All of the interns sort of straightened up when Tae walked into the room and hugged their note pads to their chests nervously. There were about 8 interns, 4 of which were female.

"Annyeong future leaders! My name is Dr Kim and I will be taking your tutorial this afternoon. Please listen carefully, pay attention and keep up if you can! If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them…as long as they're not stupid! Also if you'd feel more comfortable speaking to me on your own about a question you have, my office is room number 39 so feel free to drop by anytime. If I'm not there…then too bad…ok! Shall we begin?" Tae said as she held her stethoscope around her neck playfully.

The interns laughed quietly and followed along as Tae went through the explanation of her diagnoses of a few patients. Most of them knew their stuff extremely well but one female student in particular was quite bright. She took copious notes and listened intently, calmly providing the correct answers when Taeyeon asked her a question. Tae was impressed by her and a few of the other students and she was enjoying her session more than she thought.

After an hour the tutorial was over. Tae bid her interns farewell and gave them a research assignment to complete before the next lecture. She stayed behind at the ward to do a checkup on one of her patients, a young woman, Chorong, with severe respiratory problems. She was one of Tae's favourite patients just because of her sassy and flirty attitude despite her illness. She would make sure her days were never dull and Tae appreciated that in a tough situation.

"So…you break any hearts today Dr Kim?" Chorong asked as Tae monitored her heartbeat and breathing with her stethoscope. "Yah! You're in a good mood today!" Tae said with a smile as she made the patient breathe in deeply to check her progress. "Yah! You put that stethoscope any lower and I'm gonna be in an even better mood!" Chorong fired back with a wink. Tae laughed and shook her head.

"So which one are you fucking then?" the sassy patient asked casually. Tae's eyes widened before she reached for the pressure pump. "Hey! Come on! You know I have a girlfriend! We've been together for 7 years now!" Tae said with a smile as she wrapped the Velcro strap around Chorong's arm to check her pressure.