Chapter 42: Misunderstanding

"Yeah I'll see you tomorrow. I think we should focus on getting the formula right before doing any trial experiments you know? Just to be sure," Taeyeon said to her Chemistry lab partner, Hyuna, as they packed up their books to leave the lecture hall. "I think that's a good idea," Hyuna said with a wink and smile. Tae smiled back at the redhead as they walked out into the corridor together.

Hyuna was possibly the hottest girl in Taeyeon's class. She just dripped sex appeal with every move she made and on top of that she was also really smart and had a great personality. Every guy at medical school, and possibly the university, wanted her and every girl wanted to be her. Tae had the fortune (or perhaps misfortune) of being paired with Hyuna for their latest Chemistry project.

Tae and Tiffany had been dating happily for 2 years now and, although Tae loved Tiffany more than she could explain, she could not deny that Hyuna was…to put it mildly…very…very attractive. Tae sometimes had trouble concentrating when they worked together when Hyuna would laugh at a stupid joke that Tae cracked or get really excited and hug Tae when they made some kind of breakthrough.

Of course Tae never ever thought of cheating on Tiffany and making a move on Hyuna, but she was allowed to just…look right? Admire what she could never have? Besides, Tae knew for a fact that Hyuna was straight because everyday after lectures, her boyfriend would be waiting for her and they would leave together.

Everything was above board, there was nothing strange or abnormal about Tae's friendship with Hyuna except for one thing…Tae had never told Tiffany about them being lab partners. She knew it wasn't the smartest move but Tae just felt like it would cause unnecessary drama in their relationship.

Tiffany, although the most perfect, sexy and caring girlfriend Tae had ever had, was very possessive over Tae. She never seemed to care if guys hit on Tae but she got really jealous when girls showed any sign of flirting with Tae. Maybe it was because Tiffany knew the effect that Tae had on girls, gay or straight. She could be the perfect gentleman oppa-type one minute and then a sexy, seductive heartbreaker the next. Tiffany knew because that's what she loved about Tae.

Tae knew it wasn't right that she had kept Hyuna a "secret" from Tiffany but it was too far along now to randomly bring it up like "Hey Fany, my lab partner is the most bang-able girl in class, cool huh?" but Tae knew it would come out at some stage and it would not be a good thing, that's for sure.

"It's been fun working with you Taeyeon, I hope we get a good mark for this project," Hyuna said with a laugh. "Neh, let's just keep working hard and get it done ok?" Tae said with a nod. Hyuna nodded and slung her bag over her shoulder before smiling up at Taeyeon. "Got any plans for tonight?" Hyuna asked, just making small talk. Tae stared blankly at the way she swished her hair to one side.

"Uh…yeah…just meeting some friends (girlfriend Taeyeon…girlfriend damnit!). How about you?" Tae stuttered out, stupidly avoiding telling Hyuna that she had a girlfriend. Tae gulped at the way Hyuna bit into her bottom lip as she thought about what she was doing that night. "Hmm…probably just dinner with my guy," she said with a smile. Tae nodded and they said their goodbyes before going their separate ways.

It was Friday night so Tae and Tiff had planned to get some takeout and enjoy a quiet night in after an intense week at campus. Tae ran her fingers through her peppero black and blonde hair as she took the short walk to the café Tiff worked at. She blocked the whole Hyuna "situation" out of her mind and pushed open the door to go in and see her girl.