Chapter 49: Artist

"But Seohyun-ah, I want to go outside, I want to experience new things, to see the world." I told Seohyun my lady-in-waiting and best friend.

"But Miss you are not allowed to. If your brother or worse the King finds out we'll both be dead."said Seohyun and I knew she was right but I wanted to experience the thrill of doing something I'm not allowed to.

"I know. That's why I'm going to be really careful when I sneak out and you are going to try extra hard to cover for me."

"You mean you're going to go outside on your own ?"Seohyun yelled. "No ! There's no way, I'm allowing this to happen ! It's too dangerous Miss."

"Then you leave me no choice. Seo Juhyun I order you to cover for me while I'm out exploring the world."I said with a stern tone in my voice.

"You know I hate it when you do that right ?"said Seohyun.

"I know and I'm really sorry but I need to feel like a normal person for once. Now, get me some simple peasant clothes and help me get out of here."I said with a smile.

"Wait here, I'll bring you some of my clothes they're not royal like yours but not common either."

"Thank you Seohyun-ah, I love you so much !"I said and hugged her. "Yeah,yeah"she said waving dismissively her hand at me and walking away.

After I got dressed, I managed to sneak out of the palace safely. I started walking amongst the peasants, watching them go about their daily routine, some women were shopping in the market, some children were chasing each other around some other people were watching a show with marionettes.

I reached the river and started walking along the bank when my eyes landed on a person sitting on the side, painting. I was intrigued as soon as my eyes landed on the person, from the looks alone I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman. They were too handsome to be a woman and too pretty to be a man. Skin white as the snow around us, hair as black as the night and lips, my favorite, pink as a cherry blossom tree on full bloom. I stayed there, frozen, my eyes never moved off of that person.

The mysterious artist looked up and scanned the place around them until we locked eyes.

"Would you like something milady ?"The voice was that of a woman, soft melodic, but the clothes were that of a man.

"I like your painting."I said.

"Thank you, but it's hardly up to any standards."I like humble people.

"I like that you emphasize the colors and generic forms of the reality you see in front of you rather than all of the details. Do you draw people too ?"

"I do, but not here. I only draw people in my studio."

"Can you draw me ?"

"I can. When would you like me to draw you mylady ?"

"Now."

"Now ?"

"Yes now, I don't have much time. Come on, take me to your studio."

"I don't get why you don't have time but ok. Let's go."

She packed her stuff and started leading the way towards her studio. After a while we reached a small house.