Chapter 27: Half Moon (Sequel)

"What do you want ?"

Ofcourse. Taeyeon didn't expect Tiffany to jump on her and kiss her on her cheek. She didn't deserve all that. But hearing Tiffany's ice cold voice she expected to get was unexceptionally hurtful.

With her eyes stuck on the floor, she slowly walked to the kitchen, following the woman she haven't seen in months. She finally lifted her head at the gentle voice of a glass meeting the polished granite counter top. When their eyes met, Taeyeon saw Tiffany's eyes silently offering her a full glass of fresh water. So her dried lips curved up slightly into a small smile to express her thankfulness as she took the offer. After a long night without consuming any water, the liquid tasted like the best that ever went down her throat.

Tiffany couldn't deny that she actually felt a little bit good to see Taeyeon directly instead of online or from other medias. She realized Taeyeon had lost a lot of weight. Her eyes were shaded by slight dark circles, her facial bones looked sharper, and her lips were chapped.

A sigh was heard along a clink of the empty glass. It brought Tiffany back from her thoughts of Taeyeon. She sat down on the stool across Taeyeon still with questions running inside her head. She also didn't expect her to show up on the other side of her door, without any cover ups. Just with the coat that covered her body.

"Since when you started to smoke ? It went all over the internet"

Tiffany mentally slapped her forehead for showing too much care. She couldn't help it. No matter how bad Taeyeon was in her eyes, she would still find herself putting atleast a stray of her attention for her.

"I know. Like a half of year or less- I think"

"You need to quit it"

"I did, last night was the last one"

She said softly and honestly as she locked her eyes on Tiffany's. She got a nod in return, with the same cold gaze.

The kitchen fell into silence. Taeyeon shifted uncomfortably in her seat before she gulped down and spoke up

"How are you doing ?"

"Fine"

"How about the baby ?"

"Fine"

And another silence filled in. The blonde inaudibly sighed out in bitterness as she massaged the back of her neck

"It has been too long, isn't it Fany-ah ? Did you get the baby's gender checked or are you keeping it as a surp—"

"Just get to the point, Taeyeon. I need to go to work.. Just.. What do you want ?"

Taeyeon pulled off the blades that Tiffany's words threw right onto her chest. She shut her eyes close when she felt tears started to form in her eyes. 'You deserve that. You deserve all of that', she chanted it inside her head as she bit her lip

"You still go to work ? You're on your 7th month.. right ? You shouldn't tire yourself—"

"Then how are you expecting me to feed myself and my baby ?! Do you think food falls free from the sky and the bills pays itselves ?"