11.

Sabre woke the next morning. The morning birds called out quietly, welcoming the new day. Sabre didn't want to welcome it, he didn't want to welcome any day. He wanted to go back in time when he was healthy and battling for the sake of all Steves. But that might never happen again.

Green Steve peaked through the tent's entrance. "Oh good, you're awake. How are you feeling?"

"Dead," Sabre replied. "What else?"

"I understand you're not happy with this," Green Steve said. "I'm sure you'll be fine, eventually. Speaking of 'being fine'," he stepped inside. "I got good news!"

"Really?" Sabre asked, hopefully. "What is it?"

"I think I know who caused all this," Green Steve said. 

"T-that's great!" Sabre exclaimed. "Who is it?"

"The Steve is known as the God of all Steves." Green Steve replied. "Though no Steve has seen him, there are stories about him."

"Tell me," Sabre sat up. "If you want to, of course."

"Alright," Green Steve said. "Steves once said, before any of them existed the God of all Steves created our world. He created the first Steves: Red Steve, Yellow Steve, Green Steve, Blue Steve, and Purple Steve. Later on, the God of all Steves created more and more until the Steves broke out into chaos.

"The Steves broke out into war and many have died in the battles. The God of all Steves tried to stop this chaos and made each type of Steve move to their own tribes. Soon enough, the land was at peace. 

"Then the Blue Steves found the first Light Steve. They saw him as a whole new species. One particular Blue Steve stepped forward and volunteered to be the first-ever Blue Steve to fuse with the Light Steve. They created the first-ever Dream Steve. But they also created the first Nightmare Steve. Then, they tell every other Steves in each tribe that they can create Steves.

"Soon, they come up with the idea that they are as powerful as the God of all Steves and start creating Steves of their own. Later on, they get the idea that they could create Steves with more than 2 Steves. Because of this, the God of all Steves felt unwanted and unneeded and he left the Steves on their own. 

"That's when the evil Steves attacked. The Steves felt hopeless as they were attacked, the evil ones killing off each of them one by one. The God of all Steves saw this and returned, saving them all. The Steves then looked up to him to protect them and help them thrive. That's when he found out about humans. He changed the Steves air and land all to keep humans out. Now that he grew old, the air and land grows old now. That's why you're surviving longer than other humans. But the air is still changing you, and that's why you're dying."

"Oh," Sabre said when he finished. "Then, how exactly are we going to fix me?"

"We have to find the God of all Steves," Green Steve replied. 

"Sounds easy enough," Sabre said. "When do we leave?"

"Not so fast." Green Steve stopped him from standing. "The God of all Steves hasn't been seen for over 1.5 million years. It'll be extremely hard to find him, and even if we do find him we'll have to encourage him to help you withstand our conditions."

"Alright," Sabre said, sitting back down in his sleeping bag. "Let me know when we leave."