28.

Sabre hasn't been able to rest for the past 3 days. He missed his friends and he was still traumatized by the fact he was dead. But what could he do now? He was stuck in the Cemetary of Bones. How could he rest? His friends are alone without him, he could feel it, and he missed them. But there was no way to visit them, now, or anymore. He was gone, dead. He longed to go out and sit under one of the trees in the area, to curl into a ball and cry until he could rest. But he knew he couldn't. He was stuck to at least try and rest until his presence was needed. He sighed. He wished this never happened, that he had left the Steves' realm and still breathed air. But he didn't, and now he was dead.

Suddenly, he felt the urge to climb out of the grave. He made his way out of the soil and stood in front of Emburn. 

"I noticed you are unable to rest," she said.

Sabre nodded. "I miss them."

"That's understandable," Emburn said. "I miss my friends, as well, but I can't change who I am now."

"I know," Sabre murmured. 

"But," Emburn spoke quietly. "I can change how you appear."

Sabre blinked. That's possible?  "How?"

"Here in the Cemetary of Bones and the Dead Lands," Emburn explained. "You are a spirit. Outside, you turn to ashes."

Sabre swallowed nervously. He didn't want that to happen.

"But since I was the first human to die," Emburn told him. "I have the ability to help others. I can make it so that you seem real- or alive- for a week. By night, you turn skeleton. By reflection, you turn skeleton. By the light of thunder-"

"I turn skeleton," Sabre finished for her. 

Emburn nodded. "I want to help you, Sabre, but this is all I can do."

"It's good enough," Sabre reassured her. "Thank you, Emburn. This means a lot."

Emburn smiled. "I will make you have flesh again, and only for a week. Stay away from anything that will make you appear skeleton; it will only cause fear that you are apart of the Dead Lands. Only they have the ability to change form without power. I will teleport you to an area on the other side of the Dead Lands. I will allow you to see your friends, then I will go find you and bring you back. But if you don't return before the sun sets on the 7th day, you will turn to ashes."

"I understand," Sabre said.

Emburn dipped her head. "I wish you good luck." she raised a hand to Sabre and energy began to burn inside his veins as the land around him turned white.