Chapter 7 : 2 Worlds

The Sounds of the swords hitting each other and clinging against one another filled the air and jongin wont lie. He does like the sound of swords clashing onto each other and he enjoys moving along with a fight like this, giving his all in swinging his sword at his opponent aswell as dodging and mocking his attempts to beat the prince.

Jongin was also well known for his sword fighting skills. Since he was little handelong a sword was what he always practised it had almost become his hobby since it made him actually improvise and decide on his own what to do after he had gotten the basics unlike the other training he received about manners, speeches and writting not to mention the poetry that brought him to the edge of falling asleep.

,, argh !" The opponent fell once jongin had beaten him and the prince held the end of the sharp blade to his throat smirking in victory.

His uncle clapped his hands when he limped into the training room having support by his side.

It had been a week and no one had spoken about the siren. Jongin didnt dare to ask anymore as his uncle had been furious about jongins actions.

The very prince had somehow hoped they would've killed it rather than tortured it or soemthing. The other wished it would've just been working somewhere since he did want to see it again. He did still want answers.

,, I never doubted your skills " he announced once some of his guards brought a chair for the king Who had watched the Match in the Back.

,, you wouldnt dare after I beat you last time " jongin smirked.

,, please we both agreed it was luck. Your lucky the siren had done it to my leg " his uncle chuckled while people took jongins sword from his hand and offered him a drink aswell as taking his safety vest off and whipped his sweat away but the prince looked down at the mention of the siren.

He rose his hands annoyed taking the drink and making them leave him alone after they had taken the vest off. He'd still hate many people fumbling over him.
,, I would offer you a walk through the gardens but... "

Jongin looked at him sceptical.
,, is there something else you need me for ?"

His uncle licked over his lips looking at jongin ,, do you wish to return to your castle ?"

He didnt answer rather walking closer as he got down to his uncle sighing.
,, I dont mean to disrespect you. I want to drop this manner we never had in the first place.. what's really up with you ?"

The elder swallowed defeated as he looked around himself.
,, I really wish I could offer you to go for a horse ride through the gardens giving the circumstances tho how about I challenge you to another match of chess"

Jongin smiled amused.

•°•°♡°•°♡•°•°♡°•°♡°•°♡°•°♡°•°♡°•°♡°•°•
[Kyungi time. If you read loyal love you may still know
•°•°◇°•°• JG •°•°♡°•°• KS]

He grunted as he carried the bucket with water out of the cooking chamber.
The chains on his wrist were rustling with every move he made. He hadn't gotten used to its noise from day and night making him feel like going insane.

Not to mention the walking. They hadnt given him time to properly learn it and rather pushed him around like he was a wild animal.
They hadn't given him any time at all. It was like they were testing out how much he could take or how he would react.. maybe they were just finding fun in hurting him or seeing his pain.
The things they did, how they have humiliated him. It had set the fire in him off made him furious and hold the hatred for human even stronger.

And once they were done with him, they forced him out of the dungeon to work by the stalls cleaning off the shit of the animals and throwing rotten food away aswell as carrying the hay around.

Only fewer maids knew that he was a siren the others had families outside and werent allowed to know but they were told of how worthless and despicable he was so they learned to treat him just as bad.

Altho they've at least called him a him and not an it.

,, why did you take so long, maggot ! " the maid yelled as he placed the now empty bucket on the table
A loud slap followed and he almost lost his balance because of it
,, now put it back where it belongs and next time you'd better hurry! "

He only glared at her as he picked the bucket back up to put it in the wardrobe.
,, bring this up to the maid in the castle she needs to clean the floors help her if she requires it, the king will be having guests "
She pointed at the carriage with all different kinds of brooms and brushes.

He looked at all the stuff knowing it would be heavy for when he pushed it. Especially considering the poorly done old rope.
,, what are you waiting for !?"

She stopped doing her pate as she turned to him angrily, her hand moving up to the little metal brace around her wrist.

His eyes widened and he groaned falling to his knees when he grabbed onto the brace around his neck burning into his skin, making him wheeze and cough after she let it go again and he tried to catch his breath with tearing eyes at the pain.

After they had punished him they had put him in chains starved him for days before a witch came to put a brace on him one that will burn once he even tried to remove it or wouldnt follow orders or if the one who had the other piece felt like it.

He swallowed grabbing onto the carriage as he started pulling it out of the chamber to the dirty halls the rope over his shoulders. his feet still havent gotten used to these hard grounds so they hurt whenever he would step onto it again, it being already split open and dirtied. He had wondered long how humans could be such monsters each one of them. It's just worse and better monsters and the better once serve the horrible one.

And he had saved one of them.
And for what ? To make up for soemthing that arrogant prince couldnt even remember himself. To end up in this hole to be treated as nothing.

He grunted falling to his knees again when the rope ripped just before he had even gotten to the stairs.

Taking a couple of breaths he got back up and looked at his dirty feet. Sighing when his vision was blurry again.

Being on land was hard. His eyes would always get watery and he wondered if that was because he came from the ocean and his body is trying to produce more water.

Everything was so different on land. He didnt know anymore where it would be better both are hell for him and he coudlnt believe he once dreamed of just living on the land, he couldnt believe he once thought it would be better.

Breathing in deep a feeling he hadnt gotten used to himself. Air was so cold to breath in it just felt weird. He got down to the carriage and started pulling it by hand
Before he walked around it to start pushing it forward instead.

The material of the carrige was harsh against his dry and hurt hands and he needed water desperately.

But it wasnt like anyone cared.