Chapter 50 : Luring Call

°•°•°◇°•°•°

Jongin exhaled shakingly as he stepped through the door into the dark chamber.

He heard drops of something wet hitting the ground synchronized with the beating of his heart when he felt it speed up.

He wanted to call to ask for what was going on but when he stepped further inside he spotted the shadow on the chair. The person sitting on the chair.

Pale dead hands holding the handle of a dagger that was stabbed into their own stomach.

Jongin looked up as he recognized the dress, gasping when his eyes stopped by her face.

,, SOLIN !" he gasped flinching to sit up on the bed within seconds.

He was breathing heavily, covered in sweat when he looked around lost before turning to the other bedside where kyungsoo was sitting on a chair while holding his hand.

His eyes were a little widened in confusion when he stood up, slowly moving his hand out of jongins, which made the prince swallow as kyungsoo awkwardly looked away.

,, what.. w-what happened ? Where's solin ?"

Kyungsoo frowned at him slightly before something flickered in his eyes as he turned to walk away from the bed rubbing his upper arm uncomfortable ,, s-should I call for her rather ?" The prince noticed the distant look in his eyes as he asked that.

,, n-no that's not what I meant.. I just.. is-is she alright I need to know"

Visibly the siren clenched his jaw as he looked at him dropping his hands ,, she is alright... " he paused mumbling the next part a little annoyed to himself
,,not even a scratch "

Jongin inhaled shakingly as he moved the blanket off his legs seeing as the spot over his thigh, he remembered he was having a huge gash on before.. completely healed to leave back a pink scar.

,, I.. it was the moon, I asked it for help "

Confused and lost jongin looked back up at him when kyungsoo explained walking to his side.
,, I speak its language aswell, it is a skill .. em ..  only the royals under the sirens have the ability to learn it.. I was not sure it would still work. After I was banished my voice had only brought damage whenever I used it-"
,, you saved me " jongin stopped him from rambling on as he noticed the shorter was fiddling with his fingers nervously as if he had done something wrong and was explaining himself.

The prince wanted to reach out to hold his hand but kyungsoo pulled his own back, not even meeting his eyes anymore ,, I.. should go, jongdae said I should not be visiting you for too long with your condition to avoid raising suspicion again.. I will tell him to sent for solin "

Jongin opened his mouth only to close it again a few times as he struggled with the words to say. He didnt want him to leave and he hadnt meant for it to sound like he preferred her in a time like this ,, wait, I didnt me-"
,, jongin it is alright, I was worried.. please just get back onto your feet so I can insult you without feeling bad about it, prig "

The siren obviously wanted to crack a joke but his smile wasnt genuine enough for it to work and jongin was left with an empty feeling in his chest when he left.

He shouldnt have said that, that was the worst thing be could've done at a time like this, when kyungsoo had been .. or had he been?, he didnt know what happened but he couldnt just ask about it like that either.