Chapter 39 : Monsters

°•°•°♡°•°•°

Kyungsoo sat by the stone shore moving his toes back and forth through the water as he enjoyed the cool of it surrounding his skin while it seemed so peaceful and quiet. With only the sounds of water and grills around him.

Right now he could easily just escape and return to the sea... leave everything behind again and fend for himself to survive like he had before all this.

he wondered what would happen if he just jumped into it and didnt hold it back like he was doing so now.
If it would hurt to shift like it had when he changed to have legs ?

But where would he go ? He had nowhere else to go, neither someone else to go to..
here he had jongin and sohyun who cared for him and it almost seemed as if that servant did aswell, he hadnt forgotten about what jongdae risked just to give him the opportunity to talk to the king. Because he had trusted the siren.
It showed courage and even if kyungsoo wouldnt admit it to him he admired that action he had done for him.

Yet as he thought about these people about jongin ... he folded his hands in his lap closing his eyes.

he shouldnt want to stay, it was wrong

Kyungsoo almost flinched when someone suddenly took a seat besides him on the stone cutting his thoughts off in a sudden... yet he relaxed a little when he noticed it was just jongin, who looked at the water himself once he let his feet into it besides his.

But the siren stopped moving his feet as he pulled them up instead hugging his knees while looking the other way as he noticed the prince seemed busy staring at the water himself.
,,I figured you would be here...
But I talked to that girl.. your friend, sohyun.. she was pretty worried about you .. "

Kyungsoo looked down before spending him only a brief glance.
,, you have to let her leave...
before your fiance kills her aswell "

,, it wasnt solin... it was her mother" jongin stated with a sigh looking back at him. But kyungsoo only huffed to himself facing him again

,, is that suppose to make me like her ? She is not any better ..I can tell just by looking at her walk or speak to her servants with that disgusting overly kind tone.. she is full of lies and poison " he glared down.

,, stop .. you cant judge her like that " jongin frowned at him but he only huffed again in return letting his feet down back into the water.
,, I am truly sorry for insulting your lovely fiancee .. my prince" he imitated her voice during the end.

And The prince couldnt help himself as he chuckled shaking his head down to himself ,, you're like a child sometimes you know "

Kyungsoo crossed his arms moving his feet a little stronger through the water while jongins were still moving gently back and forth. ,, you are a real idiot sometimes do you know "

,, yeah .. I'm aware " he shrugg his shoulder seeming a little down as he watched kyungsoos feet start moving a little more gente through the water again because the siren hadnt expected that answer and looking at the tallers expression ha made him regret it a little.

It was quiet for a bit but neither of them minded it as they had time to recollect themselves and their thoughts. Both of them had so much to tell the other but neither of them had the courage to just pour their heart out as much as they wanted to, not to mention did neither of them know how to.