Chapter 33 : Hesistant Question

°•°•°♡°•°•°

All air seemed to leave kyungsoo as he stared at him still silent and frozen with a frown as if he was waiting for jongin to repeat it and let him know he had heard wrong but jongin just blinked almost sadly down to his sword.

,, why ?" The shorter finally managed to ask a little more quiet then he probably should've to appear strong or as if he didnt care.

,, she has experience.. she needs a new home, shes wise and familiar with royalty... shes kind and-"
,, no.. no she seems kind and wise and .. and..- you have just met her 3 days ago ?? Are you trying to make a fool out of me again ? Do you want me to hit you like I hit your servant !?"
Kyungsoo stepped closer almost outraged but he sounded more desperate and confused then anything but mad. Maybe it was because he was hoping it was a joke.. and he didnt know why he cared so much.

,, I'm not .. you dont get it, my family has been pressuring me for ages to get married so I could start with someone by my side once I become king.. it will look like I'm matured and trustworthy to the people-"
,, you have your servant ! That other knight you told me about on the other island.. you .. you have me.." he finally stepped back when he heard his own voice say the last part when he hadnt intented to voice it but just think of it.

,, it's not the same .. " jongin sighed ,, I'm doing this for my people... it's better than getting married off to a woman who hasn't got any idea of the world or worse is evil .. once I'm king it will be far harder to find a woman who wont just be after the throne ! It's not that easy ok.. the throne comes before a-anything else..."

The way the prince hadnt even looked at him it was as if jongin was trying to convince himself that this was right when it wasnt.
,, I knew you were an idiot ... I just did not think you were that much of one "

He sighed running a hand through his hair ,, why do you even care ?? Its my life I'm making the decisions and if I chose the people before my own happiness-"
,, you really think it is like that ? Do not try to even tell yourself that, you really think this is for the people? You knew her since 3 Days ! Do not lie to me or yourself You think she will be the shortcut. Because you do not want to make an effort in finding someone who is actually right for that place ! You think she will guide the way because she is experienced ?! Right now you do not care about anyone but yourself ! " kyungsoo hit his chest pushing him back lightly by it as he glared into his eyes
,, you are right .. I do not care, enjoy regretting this later "

With that the siren turned to walk away leaving jongin to stand alone with his thoughts.
He wouldnt believe the words kyungsoo had just yelled at him but they did stick to him and he swallowed looking to the side.

This was the right decision.
It had to be.

°•°•°◇°•°•°

,, there she is .. you ready ?" Jongdae looked at jongin as he saddled the horse while he fixed his sword.

The prince nodded looking over to see solin walk down the stairs to get here laughing with the servant as they had talked about something.
She was a beautiful lady, a friendly and kind one.

Once she arrived jongin swung himself onto the horse before he reached down to take her hand and help her up aswell to sit behind him.
,, are you ready ?" He looked over his shoulder at her and she nodded wrapping her arms slowly around him as she leaned her head onto his back.