Chapter 31 : The 'perfect' choice

°•°•°◇°•°•°

,, the flowers are nice " solin sighed.
She had her hands folded before her while jongin was walking besides her through the gardens.

,, yeah they are " he smiled to himself watching as the light wind was making it seem so peaceful when birds where flying by and butterflies were hanging over the different flowers.

,, you know, I've heard rumours of you being a man with no manners and someone whos causing nothing but trouble .. "
Jongin blushed with a nervous chuckle as he folded his hands behind his back.

,, well .. I do admit that I can be a little straight forward when it comes to .. situations " he shrugg his shoulder. Feeling like she wasnt the type of person who would lash out and be angry about that. He didnt really want to impress her either so if she ended up not liking what he said he wouldnt bother.

Yet she chuckled walking further as she looked down ,, I dont mind.. I like men who have their own head "

He smiled as she blushed when she met his eyes.
It made him loosen up a bit again when he realized he had nothing to be afraid of as she was the one obviously trying to look good to him which made her nervous.

It was awkwardly silent again after that when they had ended up walking for a while not saying a word to each other jongin wondered if he should come up with something to say or rather ask but he didnt really know what.

,, we used to have gardens like these at our castle aswell " she started suddenly and he ended up looking at her again a bit sad.
,, I cant believe it's all gone now .."

He sighed stopping her to face him.
,, it's not gone yet, the elfs.. they dont know what they're doing. I'm sure my uncle is thinking of a way to get your castle back and free the people they captured .. "

She didnt seem to buy it as she huffed hugging herself ,, they dont know what they're doing ... they knew what they were doing. They didnt take any prisoners, they... they killed them all including my father " her breathing became shaky and jongins eyes saddened as he pulled her slowly into a hug and she shed a few tears as she was clinging onto him.

Remaining like that for a while, jongin was the first to back away once he noticed she had calmed a little.

,, I'm sorry .. I must look like such a mess now " she whipped over her eyes while chuckling weakly and he removed her hands from rubbing her eyes chuckling little himself.
,, it's ok, dont worry... also rubbing will just make your eyes hurt more"

,, thanks" she muttered holding onto his hands when he had wanted to let hers go again.

He rose his eyebrows a little when she smiled so warmly at him, making him feel a little uncomfortable.
,, I cant believe people said you were troublesome and nothing but a manner less boy .." she chuckled little again ,, I see a great future king in front of me..
You're fiance must be very lucky "

His eyes widened for a moment before he ended up laughing lightly in awkwardness as he pulled his hands out of hers gently. ,, I dont have a fiance yet.. I.. I mean it's not like I'm looking "