Chapter 67 : A pair of blue eyes

°•°•°◇°•°•°

Jongins eyes flew open from a nightmare as he gasped in a harsh breath sitting up to hold a hand against his sweaty forward in shock.

He couldnt even remember what he dreamed about but he remember being afraid, he remembered flying.
His hand lifted to rest on his stomach where he still felt the uneasy pressure on the spot he had been stabbed. It was a feeling he couldnt describe but he knew it made him feel sick and uneasy, so he lowered his hand again swallowing to recollect himself.

Inhaling and exhaling a couple of times he finally looked around at everyone sleeping. He noticed chanyeol leaning against a tree further away with his sword on his lap, ready to be taken for a fight.

But as he looked at jongdae sleeping besides him he couldnt spot kyungsoo on the spot by the tree across from him anymore, like he had before he feel asleep.

He frowned, getting to his feet as he looked around, turning to look behind himself where he finally kyungsoo sitting on a fallen tree trunk a bit further away.

Jongin hesitated as he glanced back at his knight and servant before he turned back to take steps toward the seated siren

,, h-hey ..."

Kyungsoo didnt look up at him but rather down sideways in silence, his fingers stopped tracing the bows carvings, when he now rather held it tightly.

Jongin sighed sitting down besides him as he briefly glanced over to the bow. ,, I guess you learned how to shoot arrows now.. I've always known you were better at aiming than swinging a sword "

Yet again kyungsoo was quiet which made him press his lips together as he looked down before his feet.
,, look .. about what happened I know it couldnt have been easy "
He looked over at the sirens still bruised hands ,, .. You probably just werent thinking right its .. mistakes .. I understand that it-"
,, no you do not " he simply answered, still not looking up at him.

,, you just think you do because you consider my side to the story but you do not know how I felt like.. "
As kyungsoo stood up swinging his bow around himself again while he turned away, jongin followed him with his eyes cautiously.

,, I'm sorry I dont .. I don't know what to say .. " he unconsciously muttered out not being sure what else he could say as he didnt want to hurt the siren more.

,, I did not walk into any of those cabins to kill them because I was not thinking right, ok.." he frowned down at jongin in disbelief, who's lips were apart as he now stood up aswell attempting to get closer only to have the siren back up as he continued
,, I was out for revenge yes and I was brutal but I was not heartless..

you were not there, they thought I was an easy target that they could just make a fool out of, like I was not even a match for them. I have blamed myself the moment sohyun revealed her true self but when her followers t-tortured me.. it was like I was speaking to the same men all over again..
I did not kill meaningless I am not like I used to be, I was out for revenge but I did not kill any innocent. I am just tired of being stepped on the only reason why I regret is because I listen to that snake ! "