Chapter 36 : The Shell

°•°•°◇°•°•°

,, are you that foolish !?"
Jongin sobbed running through the little forest behind the castle as he recalled his father's scolding when he hadnt behaved well enough and the king. His father ended up being criticized for his boys poor manners.

It felt like it were houres where his father had yelled at him for being dumb and incapable.

It had taken a toll on him even when his mother ended up fighting with the man aswell for being too harsh.

Jongin didnt care, he just wanted to get away from There. He had stumbled through the forest and fell a few times until he had made it out on the other end reaching the stone shore.

He inhaled and exhaled a few times as he watched the moonlight hit the water causing it to look like its sparkling.
It calmed him a little when he angrily threw a few stones into the distance groaning with every stone he through.

But the sea remained calm and in the end his anger seemed to disappear like the stones he had thrown. It was just gone.

He looked down sadly before spotting a big rock in the distance reaching out into the sea like a way to walk.

He remembered his father telling him to stay away from the sea and especially that place since the water was deep where the stone reached to.

His father.

He huffed in anger walking over to it as he climbed onto the rock, walking further on it as he realized it was higher than he thought.

And he walked further when he noticed it started going down the further he walked out on it. Until he reached the end of it and he sat down with crossed legs looking at the water before him and the darkness within it even when the moonlight was shining on it.

It seemed a bit scary to be looking into the darkness, out of curiosity he reached his hand out to it as it was scratched and bleeding by several small cuts covered with the dirt of the earth he had fallen into.

He sighed enjoying the cool water surrounding the wounds when he stuck his hand further into the water.

When Suddenly something wrapped around his wrist.
He gasped pulling his hand out of the water as he backed up almost falling off the rock in shock.

He stared with wide eyes when a boy looking around his age came up from out of the water. His hands holding onto the end of the rock, as he looked a little excited and amazed by jongin.

,, what .. what are you doing in the water !? Its dangerous " jongin glared getting back as he was relieved it hadnt been one of those monsters he heard people talk about.

But the boy only blinked at him irritated as his smile faded.
,, did you not hear me ? Or-or do you need help ?" Jongin moved forward again, ready to reach out when he moved his hands under the boys arms.

Instandly fear filled the others eyes as he shrugg out of his grasp staring at him with wide eyes.

,, s-sorry I.. I didnt mean to scare you, its just..-" he trailed off when he noticed the boys eyes glowing in white and something bigger move under the water.

In disbelief he stared at the boy who's eyes were fading back to brown again now.
,, you cry ?" The boy suddenly asked pointing his finger shyly at jongin who was still frozen in shock.

He swam closer to the stone again while jongin watched him trying to find the terrifying looks on the siren like the people had described but not being able to as he... or it took a hold of his hand gently dipping it into the water as he washed over his with it's own hands,