Chapter 14 : Hell On Land

•°•°•°◇°•°•°•

,, we need to get there "

,, no " the prince denied instandly
,, we dont know what happened and I dont have any guards with me it's too dangerous "

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes taking a few steps stubbornly into the direction himself.
,, kyungsoo !"

He cursed under his breath when the certain siren didnt seem to listen and continued trying to take bigger steps when he suddenly stumbled over the uneven ground.
,, you are more stubborn than you are dangerous "

,, have you forgotten who saved your life ? " he took his left shoe off aswell to throw it at the prince just like he had his right before not just to get him to shut up but also to get rid of it and make it easier to walk balanced with both feet being bare ,, or how I had done it a second time from those intruders? You are lucky I do not have a dagger with me
Or else you would be missing your head now "

Jongin chuckled at the threat
,, you do realize you are talking to a prince... I've been trained my whole life "

Kyungsoo didnt responds to that as jongin was still following behind him, he sighed reaching out again as he still held the lines to his horse in the other hand.
,, stop we are returning and the-"
Another loud noise cut him off and this time both flinched resulting in kyungsoo to stumble into him as they watched the house fall apart in the distance, green smoke rising from it.

,, goblins .. " jongin whispered in shock.

Screams appeard and kyungsoo wanted to get there faster if it werent for the prince to hold him back hesitant with glancing eyes as he also thought the situation over again considering what threat they were dealing with.
,, let me go ! If you feel too important to risk getting hurt for your own people then leave !"

Jongin eyes stared into the fierce ones of the shorter before looking back onto kai.
,,get on then, we'll never make it by foot"

Kyungsoo seemed quite surprised at the sudden change of mind from the prince. Even more so when jongin had suddenly picked him up urging him to get on the horse which he finally did before the prince himself swung his leg over the horse sitting on the saddle right behind kyungsoo as if it was nothing compared to how the siren had struggled before trying to get on.

Kyungsoo also noticed how both hands where now besides him causing him to almost get towered or overshadowed by the prince when he swung the lines and kai started running off in a speed.

He squeaked at the sudden gripping tightly onto the sattle, fearing he might fall off if he wouldnt tho jongins arms holding the lines on each side of of him seemed secure enough he wouldnt trust him.

•°•°◇°•°•♡•°•°◇°•°•

Arriving at the place it suddenly seemed a lot more quiet than it had before. There was no screaming or noises of things falling and crashing down or being torn apart.

Despite that.. there was no one there.
The wooden houses seemed broken nonetheless, the wood being discoloured in an ash black and grey colour so was the grass beneath them as jongin carefully got down wanting to help kyungsoo who as expected slapped the helping hand away again.