Chapter 54 : The Marked Traitors

°•°•°◇°•°•°

It was silent when jongin watched his uncle lean over the chair thinking while glancing at the map.

,, we have to find them "

He nodded at his uncles statement, turning to where he had stared at on the map himself but he Kent his eye on the king.
,, dont you think they've learned to fear us now that we killed so many of them ?"

The elder shock his head walking around the table to stop across from him again and glance down at a marking. ,, we haven't checked much in these woods "

Jongin frowned standing up to glance at where he pointed.
,, isn't that a little far-"
,, damnit jongin ! When are you going to take this serious!?" The prince was a little taken back by the outburst but no way ready to back down.

,, I am !" He stood straight aswell placing a hand to his own chest ,, but you aren't making any sense ! We've lost a lot of men on our own side aswell, the castle is still a wreck.. we cant go all out planning an attack what we need are better defenses ! If we leave with for an attack with the knights whose going to protect the castle? Not to mention that we need to understand who we are actually dealing with "

By the end jongin had folded his arms
But the king only frowned at him standing straight himself.
,, what are you on about ?"

,, don't you think it's a little weird that the men on the gates where all conveniently off duty when this happened ? Not to mention where the doors all wide open. They pretty much walked into here as if they've here "

His uncle's frown faded slightly as he glanced down onto the map.
,, you think theres a traitor ? ...
who ?"

,, I'm in no position to point fingers.. you know this castle and it's people better than me " the king rose his hand to his chin thinking hard to himself ,, theres no one I could think of.. the people seemed satisfied with my ruling.. why would anyone betray us"

Jongin hated to be the one to say it, but he knew he had to voice it eventually. Especially after what happened to kyungsoo or rather what the queen had done to him.
,, what if it isnt someone from the castle? "

Instandly the kings frown hardened aging when he almost ended up glaring at his nephew ,, you arent accusing lady solin and queen sungyuri are you ?"

Jongin looked away, he couldnt say that shes rose his suspicion because of what she did to kyungsoo because he didnt want his uncle to give the siren attention and possibly get the wrong thoughts ,, I dont know.. I've talked to solin but I've never really talked to queen sungyuri.. she seems a bit suspicious sometimes "

,, shes lost her whole kingdom and husband jongin, she doesn't act suspicious she is still grieving ! " jongin blinked up with a frown himself as the king suddenly acted all
Defensive again.

,, are you alright ?" He moved closer when his uncle whiped over his forehead and turned away.

,, I dont ever want to hear you accuse them got it !?"

Jongin sighed irritated coming to a stop before even having reached him
,, I wasnt accusing anyone I was just saying that it could be a possibility.. we dont even know-"
,, is everything alright ?'
the gemalte voice Made a shiver run down jongins spine when he turned ro the door seeing queen sungyuri stand there with a faint smile and one eyebrow risen.