Chapter 47 : Danger

°•°•°♡°•°•°

,, what have you done ?"

Kyungsoo recalled his father's yelling when he had returned to the castle warning them of the humans knowing where they were and possibly trying to poison the water or throw down whatever new inventions they had.

,, you saved THAT HUMAN! "

His father had strangled him to the point he started to believe that he would actually kill him.
But he didnt, his father wanted the humans to kill him and kyungsoo was aware of that.

,, you useless NUISANCE ! You ruined everything I should have killed you long ago! "

He left him behind.

He remembered one of his old friends asking.
,, what about him? "

But that was all he asked and when his father left him to die so did everyone else.
When his father had just looked at him in hatred so did everyone else. The look in his eyes, he would never forget it when his father left him wounded from the humans and from him on the bottom of the ocean as if he didnt care, as if he was worthless.

,, a maggot dies as a maggot, where it belongs in dirt, Alone and as stupid as the day it was born "

Because he didnt care.

For a moment he thought it would be best if he did what his father wanted, if he would just die there on the spot.

But when he laid back, he remembered so clearly how his blood discoloured the water around him, as if it hugged him to shield him .. to protect him and spent him comfort.

The more he thought about it the more he realized that it wasnt the only thing that was nonsense.

No one will protect him, no one will care to comfort or help him back up.
There was no place for weakness here so He needed to stop being weak.
He needed to stop dreaming and hoping for someone to listen, step up or care.
Because no one will. They just care for who's in charge, who's more fearful and has power.

It had been like a wake up call and kyungsoo stopped crying in his self pity when he started fighting through the pain as he started moving, remembering that there had been a cave he used to go to far away from here. If the humans attacked they couldnt find him.

He wasnt going to die like his father, like his people expected him to. He was going to prove that he wasnt weak. That he wasnt a maggot who'd die meaningless in the dirt.

Images of when he had stabbed the villager who tried to stop jongin from letting him back into the ocean back then appeard in his mind as he continued to swin in agony.

He remembered at the time it made him feel horrible, the feeling of foreigner blood on his hands and the sound of the blade stabbing into the man who had already died, he remembered how horrible it was. But he couldnt help and question himself if his father would've been proud if only he had witnessed it.

°•°•°♡°•°•°

Kyungsoos eyes flew open as he instandly sat up in his bed. he panted to himself raising a hand to lay it against his forehead as he looked down onto the sheets laying over him in the bed of.. of jongin.

He was in jongins bed.
It was bright outside, he could see from the open window and the space besides him was empty meaning jongin was probably out fulfilling his duties as in talking to his uncle in meetings or organizing the knights training all that boring stuff.

Still breathless kyungsoo managed to stand up as he wobbled his way to the door slowly opening it to see guards outside of it looking at him a little confused but not minding him much even as he passed them.