Chapter 70 : A Million Litte Reasons

°•°♡°•°

'' where are we going ?"
Kyungsoo asked irritated while jongin still held his hand close to himself looking around the corner, before starting to drag him along again in a hurried pace

'' and why are we running?-"
The prince hushed him as he finally turned around the next corner where they stopped in front of a door.

''because we're going to a place my uncle has always tried to hide away"
He curiously yet in suspicion rose both his eyebrows, while the taller worked on getting the door open as it had clearly been locked.

'' as much as I am curious, is this not going to cause you trouble... your father is in the castle now and I am not really interested in making him doubt my word again"
Just as he had finished talking, jongin smirked lightly as he pushed the door gently open before reaching back to to him and pulling him along again as if he hadnt heard anything.

He only rolled his eyes not really surprised that his for once responsable words have been ignored.

Yet he found himself hesitating a little when they arrived at old stairs leading down and into darkness. he looked at jongin who grabbed a candle from the ones fixed on the holder besides the door.
'' jongin .. I-I am not so sure.. where are we even going? "

'' dont worry  " he grabbed the shorters hand again with a soft yet cheeky smile '' if you're scared of the dark I'll be your light " standing tall jongin held the candle out in front of them. It wasnt really making much light but it didnt seem like it bothered him by any bit.

'' how funny you are " the siren only sighed looking behind them again as the door was the only light source so far '' I am a siren jongin, I can see in the dark better than you and I can make more light than your pathetic little candle "

Raising one eyebrow jongin looked down at him again as Reyes shorters eyes lit up in a bluish white. Revealing more to his eyes than the candle ever could.
'' ok ..ok I guess I've been beaten " he turned back to return the candle while kyungsoo now took a few steps ahead causing jongin to reach out and hold his arm.

'' we're only going down to go back up "

Being still confused the siren ended up quietly frowning back at him as he followed the prince guiding the way down the stairs in silence.

It gave him a moment to appreciate how warm jongins hand felt as it was embracing his. The taller was obviously not paying much attention to it but it made him blush lightly when he looked onto their hands.

Jongin was holding it to pull him along yet he wasnt squeezing it, the way he held it seemed gentle almost as if he was holding something ... precious and though jongin might've not realized, he felt it.

They suddenly stopped and the siren looked up again as jongin turned around a corner to face another set of stairs leading back upward again.

Where on earth was he taking them, the way these walls and stairs looked signed that it had been a long long time since someone had last came across here or a maid had even touched.

'' there " jongin finally stopped once they've reached the end of the stairs and had walked a few steps to stop before 2 doors again.

The prince got to the right one pushing against it a couple of times until it opened as rusty and old as it had been.

But they werent underground anymore kyungsoo noticed as he spotted the moonlight hitting the ground of the room through the window, it wasnt particularly a big room. He would say it was a bit smaller than jongins chambers, but there wasnt much inside just a few tables stacked onto one another and a couple of broken stairs.