Chapter 48 : Attacked

°•°•°◇before the "explosion"◇°•°•°

Jongin sighed as he entered lady solins chambers carefully.
,, solin ?"

,, sire " only her maid had turned to him as she was going to put some clothes aside. ,, lady solin wasnt feeling well she decided to take a walk in the gardens "

He nodded ready to turn the other way again to search her in the gardens but stopping as solin suddenly appeard by the door afterall.
Obviously having already returned from her walk.

She took a moment as she looked at him with a rather exhausted expression before laying her eyes back onto the maid.
,, you're dismissed "

The maid bowed her head before moving past her out of the chambers and solin turned around closing the door before turning back to jongin only briefly glancing at him as she walked to her table to take a seat and get her earrings off.
,, how are you ?"

She didnt answer as if she hadnt heard which made jongin press his lips together as he walked around the chambers looking at the table with the rotten fruit on, while playing with his ring.
,, you should have that changed-"
,, what do you want ? Have you changed your mind about us ?"

He only looked at her sadly at that before he walked closer to her again.

,, please leave, you're wasting my time"

She got up from her table again when he walked closer, to get away and face the Windows instead just like she had at their last conversation.
,, I wanted to talk to you about the rumours, concerning me and kyungsoo "

She huffed a low chuckle escaping her as she lowered her head to herself folding her hands before herself.

,, they're not true " he continued ,, it wouldnt be fair to go against kyungsoo for my mistakes. I saved him because-"
,, because what? " she smirked turning to him with tears in her eyes ,, That low stupid servant! What could he mean to you, right !? Nothing, hes a lowlife and you are a prince.

So why ?
why have you risked your life for him so many times? Are you doing it purposely to make me look like a fool!?" Solin was enraged as she got closer to him throwing her hands into the air.

But the prince seemed helpless as he backed up frowning at her a little sad to see her in this state because of him ,, ofcorse not solin it's just-"
,, just that you snapped at me for him? That you always spent time with him, that you were on that trip with him 4 days ago? That you look at him like ... like .. like hes precious to you " She stopped with an irritated frown as a tear traveled down her cheek.

The lady inhaled looking down to herself as she smiled again.
,, he's... he doesnt mean anything.. right?, that's why you're standing here right now in front of me not because you wanted to see but because you're worried about him "

Jongin watched her as she seemed to calm down on her own when he gave her time. ,, I'm sorry ..."

,, I wont do anything to him if that's what you're worried about.. hes irritating, like a fly that keeps swirling around in your business..
What is it that you have on him ? It's like you think he's more worthy than me "