Chapter 62 : A Key to Becoming

[ I'm having wo many troubles with getting back into the story that it scares me :( because I love the general idea of it like the "racism" and trauma dealing aswell as jongins  planned rise to become the "greatest king"

But single chapters sometimes seem like hard work and exactly because I love the story I dont want to force the chapters like they're "work" idk though yesterday I was writting the chapter after this one and I got into it again it's a switch and its tiring my frens😂😶

Idk yet what I will do but MAYBE  I'll decide in the future not now I'm still on it. To take a little break just to give you a heads up for now.

but I'll make sure not not leave it on a cliffhanger ?😬 ]

°•°•°◇°•°•°

Jongin woke up sweating as he had to sit up gasping for air, he stumbled toward the window holding onto his stomach as he desperately searched the threat he felt the presence of with his eyes, touching his belt for his sword but he didnt have it.

He panted looking around the room as it only seemed to spike his panic more and he looked out the window to see the patrol by the gates, one sleeping while the other was cleaning his helmet.

They're unprepared when something is coming.

He needs to do something.

He concluded as he rushed over to the doors opening them, ready to run off and first search for a sword when a guard had stopped him gently.
,, sire ?"

,, we need to get to the gates, something is happening.. we aren't armed enough, wake all the knights now "

The guards looked dumbfounded at each other for a moment while jongin looked across the hall pressing a hand onto his stomach. ,, where's my uncle I need to speak to him, do as I say we dont have much time !"

,, sire.. your uncle hasnt woken up yet and we assure you the king has made sure to put good guards on every entrance to the castle "

Confused jongin looked at his guard before he turned his head to see his father walk along the hall, having spotted him conveniently.

,, father... ? " the memories of what had happened returned to him instandly and he held his forehead feeling incredibly stupid for the way he had acted over what was probably a nightmare.

He felt confused, he felt horrible. Becaus snow he remembered what happened to kyungsoo aswell.

,, I think it's time for us to talk .. "
His father appeard before him only swiftly looking at the guards to make them straighten in their posture and avert their eyes to the wall in front of them in politeness.

Jongin sighed looking down as he turned around when his father walked past him into his chambers expecting him to swallow and close the door after himself.

°•°•°◇°•°♡°•°•°

Kyungsoo turned around when the door to his room made a noise.

When kyungsoo had woken up many houres ago he had found himself with tied together hands and ankles in a wooden what's seemed to be a small cabin, when he had looked out through the little window that had been cheaply closed with wooden boards nailed over it, it seemed like he was somewhere in the middle of the forest, not even back at the camp.