Chapter 37 : A Lost Part

°•°•°◇°•°•°

Little Jongin sobbed as he was running through the halls, his father had been busy arguing with his uncle, yelling insults and blaming him for something the young prince couldn't understand back then. While his mother was in shock and left speechless.

Jongin had only cared about getting down to the dungeons.
He didnt want to argue or listen to more he already knew he would be in a lot more trouble than he had ever been before.

He sobbed harder when the screams became louder coming from the courtyard and the people cheering like it was something great. Like it was something to celebrate and he felt like it had all been his fault.

,, my mother " kyungsoo smiled when they met again by the stone this time a woman being with them and she smiled softly at jongin. ,, hello "

,, you're realy pretty, miss "
She laughed softly at that brushing her wer hair back .

,, thank you .. you are handsome yourself young prince " jongin thought she was nice and he thought his mother and kyungsoos mother would get along if the fact that she was human and she was a siren wasnt in the way.

She carried bruises and wounds on her aswell, but those were mostly cuts like a dagger or a sword had done that to her.

He remembered how she explained it was because she was forced to do a dangerous job and if jongin asked about kyungsoos father she wouldn't answer.
Sometimes it seemed like she was mad at something or rather offended.

He remembered the night before this was happening. He remembered saying goodbye to both of them but seeing the 2 fight and splash around in the distance after he had walked away.

She came up again from the water to sit in the stone and when kyungsoo wanted to follow her she slapped him across his face.

Jongin didnt interfer as he rather hid behind a tree fearfully when her eyes glew and he had never seen her behave this way.

In shock he had watched her pull herself out of the water with a pained expression she started to slowly brush her scales off, to let 2 legs appear from underneath them.

She had headed for the castle just like him but once they had gotten close to it. He lost sight on her.
That was the last thing he remembered.
Before they announce the capture of severel sirens by the stone shore and the upcoming execution of those the next day.

Jongin hadnt known how it came to this. He didnt know what caused this as he still cried finally arriving by the dungeons, sneaking his way around it to glance into it through the bars.

When he found out kyungsoo was down there he pleaded to his father to let him go, he cried even when he was slapped and his uncle was yelled at for being quiet at the situation.

,, kyungsoo" he called with sobbs into the cells and instandly he heard something move inside as jongin was about to call again desperately until he heard it.

,, jongin " the tiny weak voice appeard and jongin moved closer to the bars looking out for him.
,, j-jongin "

Jongin inhaled shakingly as he spotted him in the corner curled up with his tail losing scales as he was trembling.
,, I'm.. I'm coming, dont worry I'll get you out "

He figured that he had to get inside and carry him out to get him back to the sea as he got to his feet  and ran around the castle again to get to the front.