Chapter 51 : Who to Blame

°•°•°♡°•°•°

Sohyun sighed as she entered the stall with the sheeps, making noises as she pat one that bumped her leg making her laugh lightly when she continued to spread the food now and then petting some of them.

She felt bad knowing that they only kept them to take their fur or eventually eat them.

At least she was familiar with the butcher, he was a kind older man. He knew how to make the death painless and quick. He had always called it the circles of life, he was funny too and he loved the animals. She was glad it was him in that position anyone else wouldnt care as much as he did.
He wasnt enjoying his job either, but he knew it had to be done.

She smiled sadly when she got up again ready to leave when she had successfully empty her food bag.

But as she stood she spotted something.. afar where the sheeps, that were walking around it, now and then sniffing on it before...

No She frowned moving a few sheeps aside as she walked further when she realized it was a person.

,, sh sh it's alright "
She moved the sheeps away but stopped once she was close enough, dropping the empty bag shaking as she gasped with widened eyes.

Sohyun hurried the last few steps shuing the sheeps away from him when she turned him quieckly around to face her.

,, oh m-my ... k-kyungsoo " she pulled him closer patting his cheek when she spotted his closed eyes before she waved to the sheeps again to stay away.
,, kyungsoo!" She called a little louder, turning around to the exit of the stall before she moved her arms under his, dragging him with herself the best she could to get out in panic.

°•°•°♡°•°•°

Kyungsoo sat silently as sohyun was dabbing around the cut over his chest.
He hissed flinching now and then as he tried to keep his eyes open.
He felt completely drained and dirty from head to toe.

,, this isnt helping, you need to take a bath "

He shock his head, he didn't want to take one not because he was afraid it would hurt his bruised body but because he didnt want anyone to see the still evident hand marks on his thighs from that .. incident.

He couldnt have her see it and question him.
,, at least tell me what happened "

He didnt answer but rather looked down emptily.
To be true he couldnt remember what really happened, he could remember who did this to him and what they wanted but he couldnt remember half of the beating.

Kyungsoo hissed when she pressed down on the cut a little too strong.
,, sorry .. i .. I cant treat all this on my own we should get the prince-"
,, no !" He grabbed her wrist as his voice broke to his and her shock.

He swallowed letting her wrist go as she kneeled before him again.
,, kyungsoo .. just.. "

Tears filled his eyes as he stared down. ,, it was the queen .."

She rose her eyebrows in shock still staring at him.
,, w-what ?"

,, queen sungyuri, she.. " he stopped himself, he couldnt tell her. She would know the truth about him then she would hate him or fear him.
,, she knows about me and jongin.. she wants me to stay away "

,, all the more reason to tell the prince !" She argued in worry cupping his face when a tear rolled down as he shivered.
He wasnt crying because she threatened him it was because the feeling of being so .. so helpless against her when she used the shell of not being in control of himself even when she let her men beat him up, not being able to defend or fight back.. just like back then when that elf had grabbed him.