Chapter 16 : Accidental Care

[ marked the insta account that posted the pic cause it was a small comic about medieval exo ships it might be finished by now but it was adorable so check it out if you're bored ]

°•°•°◇°•°•°

,, why do I have this ?"

Jongin bit around his nails as he recalled the conversation while he sat in the library again looking at a book that he couldnt focus on.

,, I do not know what he saw in you ... I just know this ruined everything, the shell means nothing it is just a useless tale told to keep hope, you can not trust anyone but yourself... and you can not trust a human for sure " jongin frowned when he recalled how kyungsoo had glared at him but somehow seemed to ... it didnt seem genuine. It almost seemed as if he was forcing himself to glare and speak in hatred ,, all your kind cares about is themselves .. and power "

Jongin had been confused. He had listened but he didnt understand what the siren meant neither what it was talking about. His complaints about humans wasnt soemthing new to him but the explanation of his brother...
I dont know what he saw in you.

He grabbed back into his pocket pulling the shell out to look at it again hoping to find anything on it that would make it look special compared to other shells but to the naked eye it really just seemed like an old shell he had randomly picked up.

Why hadnt he just explained what was going on ... what this was and what happened to his brother.

What on earth did he even mean by
It ruined everything

He sighed frustrated, the more he asked kyungsoo the angrier he had gotten until he finally stood up to face the window instead signing jongin clearly that he wanted him to leave.
,, just a useless tale to keep hope .."

,, sire ?"

The voice had almost made him jump out of his chair as he turned his head to see a confused looking jongdae watching him.
,, are you alright ?"

,, what are you doing here ? Creeping up on people like that "
He grumbled sinking back into his seat when he moved his sword back to its place on his belt while jongdae smirked a little walking closer to stand in front of him.

,, did I scare his highness "

,, dont patronize me... not now "
Jongdaes smirk fell a little as he looked closer at the prince noticing the shell in his hand.

,, what's that ?"
At his servants question he quickly put the shell back into his pocket sighing as he straightened himself to hold the book properly again.
,, nothing that you need to be concerned about "

Jongdae sank a little into himself as he awkwardly looked away holding a bit of disappointment in his eyes which made jongin feel a little guilty. He hadnt forgotten that jongdae was basically an open book to the prince, telling him everything he wanted to know and trusting him with his own opinion and past.

,, I'm sorry jongdae... it was a long day I dont mean to be rude to you "
Jongin finally apologized when jongdae was about to turn away, which caused the servant to stop and look at him a little surprised.

,, t-thats alright .. you havent exactly been rude trust me " he chuckled a little and jongin smiled faintly at it before looking down again.