Chapter 43 : By your side

°•°•°♡°•°•°

,, you want to tell me what happened or are you just going to continue smiling at the flowers like that ?" Sohyun flicked kyungsoos arm after he had stopped cutting some of the leafs away to get lost in thoughts.

,, sorry " he admitted but sohyun only laughed picking the basket up to move to another Bush that needs to be fixed.

,, so how has it been going with jongin ? I havent seen you at all yesterday again ...
I heard jongin cancelled the marriage.. "
Kyungsoo looked down grinning a little to himself as he recalled waking up the morning after their first kiss and being so confused and frustrated at the same time until jongin explained at least the cancelation of the marriage

,, he is alright.. still an idiot but believe me he is ok "
As sohyun giggled he found himself dreaming off again while he continued working on the bush.

°•°•°• 🕐flashBACK🕗Timeee🕜 •°•°•°

He could barely walk even as it had been 2 days after it now and jongin forced him to stay in bed.

Kyungsoo had tried to act as if it all hadnt happened. He didnt want it to be uncomfortable giving their circumstances. He didnt want to cause trouble that's why he kept quiet and distant for now or maybe it was because he was afraid jongin would say it was a mistake.. it would embarass him since he had started it by kissing him first.

,, ok what ?" Jongin had asked when kyungsoo turned away from him on the bed after he had entered again.

The siren didnt answer but rather looked out the window after he had pulled his blanket further over his shoulder.
,, why are you acting like this ? .. you're acting like .. I dont know like you hate me again "

,, I dont .. " he answered moving the blanket to cover his mouth.

,, I can make jongdae apologize... he didnt mean to do that" the prince finally signed as he got up from the bed again
,, will you let me look at your legs at least .. you scared the physician off "

,, he kept giving me glares, he should know I am not one cowards glare at "
He grumbled to himself after moving to sit up, keeping his head turned away so he wouldnt have to face him, when jongin kneeled down to take a look at his bruised legs.

,, you didnt need to kick him in the guts like that .. and then make him believe hes cursed .. hes afraid to even drink water now "

Jongin had expected a comeback from the siren but instead he got an empty expression which made him frown confused as he placed his hand onto kyungsoos knee, causing him to blush when he finally looked back onto him.
,, I.. it were my eyes, that scared him off.. i bearly touched him, he touched a bruise, it hurt and i do not know why but they just appeard "

The prince was quiet, he noticed the tone in his voice when he said that.. almost as if he was ashamed or disliked it.. disliked his eyes. ,, you know,.. it is just an eye colour and to be honest I liked the glow in your white eyes to me they even seem a little blue it's pretty and kind of amazing how you can change them.. " he shrugg his shoulder after he had lifted a plaster to replace it with a fresh one on his shin,, I wish I could, all I got are my brown ones, it's pretty boring " a chuckle escaped him before he looked back up finishing l with his work.

,, what do you think of me ? .. why have you kissed me ?" The question came sudden and sort of slipped out but kyungsoo couldnt help it after he had listen to jongin be so kind once again. It made him feel weak. Jongins heart seemed to big to be compared to the other humans, It keeps confusing him.

,, why did you kiss me ?" The prince only smirked a little amused.
Kyungsoo sighed looking down at his knees as he shrugg his shoulder
,, I do not know ... I just.. f-felt like it "

,, you just felt like it ?"
Jongin ended up laughing lightly which made kyungsoo crack a smile aswell when the prince took a seat besides him, admitting to him as if it was simple.
,, I think I like you... a bit too much "

,, like you like solin ?"
The siren looked onto him expectantly yet a bit ridiculed as he frowned but it appeard weak more forced then genuine. jongin figured it could be that he chose solin over him and dared to kiss him.. or maybe it could be that he was afraid of his own feelings aswell and of the consequences if they'd attempt to develop something more.

So instead jongin took a hold of his hand gently placing it in both of his
,, I.. told solin that I wont marry her "

Instandly kyungsoo pulled his hand out of his as he got up a little too soon for that he held to steady himself on the bed pole.
,, what !?" He frowned hard while jongin looked a little nervous as he rubbed the back of his neck standing up aswell
,, why ? What happend ?"

,, I thought of what you told me and I realized you were right ok .. this isnt the life i want to live, I didnt want her by my side. I realized that she had already tried to change me like everyone else to become the perfect prince .. do this do that. This is right, this is wrong.. you understand more than anyone what I mean, i want to find out what's really right and wrong for myself. I don't want to become a copy of the king my grandpa, uncle, and father were.. I want to change stuff "
He pressed his lips together steadying his hand on the sword he wore as he sighed afterwards ,, a-and .. I kind of.
Want you by my side on all this "

Kyungsoo was quiet, examining him from the top of his head to his boots where his eyes stayed as he let the words sink in.
Jongin admitted that he wanted him, that's why he kissed him too, he had admitted it so easily when it seemed so hard for kyungsoo to even understand. He knew he felt the same, he really liked jongin. No one has ever cared for him like that, no one has ever made him laugh and happy as he had.

He didnt want to leave him either, he didnt want to let go even if everyone told him it was wrong. Even if he told himself that it was wrong.. when he looked back up into jongins eyes, it was like it all didnt matter anyway. Like he didnt care anyway.

He stepped closer letting jongin steady him as he still felt uneasy to put much weight on his legs. Kyungsoo looked up putting his hands on either of jongins cheeks looking into his eyes before he smiled making up his mind and accepting it all.
Accepting that he wouldn't care.

As if jongin had known, the prince leaned down to kiss him gently, slow and lovingly, kyungsoo returned it moving his lips against his as both had their eyes closed and the siren moved his thumbs over the others cheeks enjoying every second of it without worry of anything else. Because right now there was nothing else, it was just him and jongin.

Once he slowly pulled back, he smiled again leaning his forehead against his
,, ok .. I will be by your side "

The prince smiled along with him before they both leaned in for another kiss, after which kyungsoo giggled as jongin was nuzzling his neck teasing him with kisses over it traveling up to his cheek.

Both being unaware of her standing outside the door clenching her jaw as she balled her hands angrily to fists.

°•°•°♡°•°•°

[ Next update : Wednesday😴 ]