Chapter 8 : Sohyun

°•°•°♡°•°•°

,, what little hands " a woman sat down across from the huge water bowl as he looked up from trying to clean the cloths that he scrubbed them against the board and one another inexperienced.

She smiled when he made eye contact so he quickly looked down again while she picked up some cloths herself starting to dip them in the water scrubbing it against her own board before dipping it back in.

He halted his own attempts to look at her actions before mimicking them.

,, you're new here arent you ?"

He still remained silent, doing his work altho he couldnt understand why humans didnt like to get wet. If they'd just spent time in the water with their clothes they wouldn't have to waste it by cleaning the clothes and the body separately. Why would they even wear clothes to begin with.

As he had finished a few and the girl hadnt attempted to talk or ask more he sneaked a little glance up at her to see her empty expression as she was cleaning. He also couldnt help but notice the harsh burn scars on her arms traveling all the way up only to disappear under her sleeves and when he looked at her neck he could see dots of burns and discoloured as well as raised skin.
,, you have it too ?" he finally spoke as his hand rose to touch his metal collar.

She looked back up at him before realizing what he had meant. She sadly let go of the clothes touching her own and nodding afterwards.
,, to keep me tame... " a half chuckle of bitter sweetness escaped her lips.

He looked at first a little confused at her and she smiled at it. Her hands rising to her hair as she moved the few strains behind her ear.

The certain sirens eyes widened as he looked at the spiked ears of hers.
,, you are an elf "

Proudly she nodded and he wanted to ask why she was here when he figured the scars could have something to do with it and it wasnt something he should be snooping around in.
In the end what happened didnt matter anyway, it didnt change that they seemed to be both in the same trouble.

,, can I help you with that ?" She suddenly appeard by his side and he almost flinched when her hands reached out to his grabbing onto the cloth and showing him how to actually use it for cleaning purposes.
,, I'm sohyun by the way "

He hesitated but looking at her scars and how gently she guided his hands with hers as her soft smile never faded.
,, k-kyungsoo "

Her eyes rose to look into his for a moment she seemed to think soemthing to herself ,, what a strange name .. it's nice, I've never heard of it before "

°•°•°♡°•°•°

,, kyungsoo ?"
Came a whisper during the night and he turned his head moving closer to the bars of his cell as he looked confused out of it to all the different cells across from him but it seemed like everyone had already fallen asleep.

,, are you there ?" He heard it again and blinked sitting back when he realized it came from the cell besides him which he couldnt see inside. It was sohyun tho . This much he recognized so he hummed lightly in response.

,,where you ever up there ? .. you know in the castle ?" She asked curiously and he figured she couldmt sleep so was probably thinking too much.

,, you should sleep.. we have a lot of tasks to do tomorrow " instead he advices as he laid back onto the strays looking at the wall across from him.

,, there were rumours that prince Kim jong in is currently staying here, did you see him ? " she questioned and tho her voice was quiet kyungsoo could hear her fascination as she spoke of him. It made him lower his eyes when he recalled himself once admiring him.

,, I always hear the maiden talk about his kindness and his looks, I want to see him too.. maybe he'll listen to me and realize the situation this land is in " kyungsoos eyebrows furrowed the more he listened to her

,, situation ? "

She didnt answer for a little and kyungsoo assumed it was a question too stupid to be answered.

,, t-the war kyungsoo.. "

She couldn't possibly be talking about the war between the sirens and humans. 
He knew that the humans were arrogant and self centered but he didnt think they would lead war with land creatures aswell.

,, maybe he could help restore the peace..  give us our lands back " she spoke full of determination which made kyungsoo sigh and close his eyes when she continued ,, I've heard great stories of him saving other creatures and the kingdoms on the other island is suppose to be filled with all different kinds of races and species "

,, you are wrong " kyungsoo finally cut her off ,, the other castle is not, ..it is just as ruthless as this and jongin is no different than the other royals. They are all the same.. arrogant and power blinded "

,, I dont believe that " she insisted almost too loud to be allowed down there and kyungsoo sighed to himself.
,, go to sleep "

,, they're selecting pretty faces to serve up in the castle because they're getting guests" her voice turned back to a whisper but he could tell she had moved closer to the wall to make sure kyungsoo could hear her ,, you're for sure going to be chosen "

His eyes opened as he sat up to lean against the wall .
,, I do not think so "

,, ofcorse, your face is gorgeous, all you need is a little of cleaning up, and they know that. They dont want to waste this pretty face" she laughed lightly at the end.
gorgeous. He cringed at the words looking aside. because hes gorgeous it's his chance because he has a pretty face  he has a chance.

,, we will see "