Ch.20

Chris P.O.V

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS JAI " I yelled showing her a post from theshaderoom.

"I didn't mean to do it I just did it out of anger " she said avoiding eye contact. I shook my head in disbelief . This could ruin my whole career .

"YOU ALWAYS DOING DUMB SHIT " . I slammed the phone on the table pacing back and forth .

"I'm sorry " she mumbled fidgeting with her fingers .

"SORRY WONT FIX SHIT " . Why can't she just obey me and respect my wishes ? I should've known she wasn't gone let that shit go for long .

"THIS CAN RUIN MY FUCKING CAREER ! I CANT AFFORD TO LOSE MONEY BEHIND YOU DOING DUMB SHIT " . I was furious at the moment and I wasn't letting back . FUCK her feelings at this point.

"STOP YELLING AT ME ! IT AINT MY FAULT IF YO CAREER IS OVER ! YOU THE ONE WHO KEPT ME A SECRET SO ITS REALLY YO FAULT " she cried.

I chuckled shaking my head . All I could do at the moment was laugh to ease my temper .

"NOW I GOTTA MAKE UP A LIE ABOUT WHO YOU ARE TO SAVE MY ASS ! " . I could say that she's my niece , right ?

"Ion even care no mo bruh. If you wanna keep me a secret from the public and act like I ain't yo child then keep that same energy behind closed doors ".

"It ain't that serious jai " I said touching her shoulder . She mugged me shoving my hand away .

"JUST TAKE ME HOME " she said stomping upstairs .

—————————————

Jaidah P.O.V

" i'm coming home ma "I spoke into the phone as I gathered my clothes in my suitcase

"Jai you can't be mad at him for overreacting when you knew you were in the wrong " . I rolled my eyes shaking my head .

"I don't care. He know how much I hate being a secret and sometimes secrets come to light " I spoke truthfully .

"Whatever jai. You need to apologize for invading his personal space and disobeying him" . Why can't they understand that I am fed up with being a secret ?

"Bye ma " . I pressed the end button before grabbing my suitcase exiting the room.

"I'm ready to go now " I said standing at the end of the stairs. I didn't want to spend another second in his presence .

"You sure you wanna leave with us on bad terms—again " he asked huffing . I shrugged giving zero fucks .

"Let's go " he mumbled grabbing his car keys .

I smiled happily exiting the door .

—————————————

Chris P.O.V

"Can you please just talk to me " I asked jai

"Can you please just talk to me " I asked jai . We been riding in silence for about 20 minutes now.

"There's nothing to talk about. What I said back at the house is what I meant. I said what I said and I ain't going back on it ". I frowned as my eyebrows clutched together.

"We are not going back to square one. You ain't bout to go back to distancing yourself from me. " . I couldn't live that time again .

"Whatever chris " she spoke dismissing the topic .

' I just wish she would understand where I'm coming from. It's not that I want to keep her a secret it's just that I have to protect her from the negative comments and the nasty threats people would throw at her. The same thing happened with royalty , the world wasn't happy about me having a child. The people threatened me and came for royalty too. I will not have jai go through a tough time like that. She may be 13 but the things people will say to her she wouldn't be able to handle ' I thought .

"We're here now let me out " . I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard jai's voice .

"NO ! I ain't gone let you out just for me to never see you again or you end up treating me like shit again".

"Just let me out chris. I ain't having this conversation with you. " she said trying to unlock the car door.

"It's on child lock " . I wasn't letting her out until we had a clear understanding.

"I will bust yo window if you won't let me out ". I arched an perfect eyebrow curiously glancing at jai .

"I CAN SHOW YOU BETTER THAN I TELL YOU ".

Before I could blink she elbowed my window as the glass shattered . She climbed out the window landing softly on her feet before grabbing her suitcase out the car.

"BYE ! " she yelled waving me off as she walked up to the house.

"What the fuck just happen" I questioned myself. I was mad but a different kind of mad. I was calm with a mix of madness .

"Looks like we're back at square one" I spoke speeding down the street.

—————————————

💜 Excuse any errors .