Ch.53

Jaidah P.O.V

"Ugh

"Ugh." I eye my parents in disgust as they enter the room with the doctor following behind.

"You can bring my parents to me but not my water?" I asked the doctor as she fill out paperwork.

"I told you after I have a talk with them I will bring you your water but now you have to wait because your parents will like to talk to you." she replied.

"You should sign up for a better job because being a doctor isn't for you."

"Jai be quiet & leave the doctor alone. she said what she said, no argument needed."

"You shut up." I command to my ma, "I don't wanna argue I just want my water she promised."

"She told you already jai now shut the hell up & watch what you say to me."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes so hard into my head I thought they may get stuck.

"You can leave now doc we're good." My ma nods her way.

"Alrighty." she turns to leave but stops, "Mr.brown, please behave."

"This bitch just want my attention because ian even did shit."

"No it's not that it's just you have a filthy mouth." she states before closing the door.

"Would it be rude if I called her a white cracker? A unsalted white cracker." My dad stares at my ma for an answer but she simply shake her head.

"That's racist."

"Did you two forget that I was in the room or am I too worthless to acknowledge?"

"You were too worthless to acknowledge." My dad turns his attention to me, "is that what you wanna hear?"

"Chris!" My ma slaps him across the face, "what is wrong with you?!"

"There is nothing wrong with him." I glare his way as tears roll down my checks, "it's the truth. He knew it all along but it took a moment for him to say it out loud."

"Jaidah baby you aren't worthless. You mean so much to me & your dad too. We love you so much baby I promise we do. You are my blessing, my babygirl. Did you know that you are the only person alive that once heard my heart beat from the inside? My hearts beats because of you. You are my everything." My ma wipes the tears from her face but they continue to pour like rain.