Ch.23

Jaidah P.O.V

"How do you know when you're in love with someone." I asked my mom. We were sitting in a awkward silence , the question just randomly rolled off my tongue.

"Why you want to know, you in love or some?"She asked arching her brow.

"No , it's just a question that's lingering on my mind." I spoke softly.

"When you're in love , you feel like you're high. You want that person to be happy even when you're sad. You stress over the smallest things and when you're with that person , the pain is numb. You put all your trust into that one person. When in love , you are one another ride or die." She respond.

(I just made this up so don't get off 😭 !)

After hearing her explanation, it really made me wonder as to why she fell in love with my dad. Why did that love end ?

"So... is that how you felt about dad?"

"Yeah , your father was my first everything. I lost my virginity to him and he was my first kiss. I wasn't sure if were in love or not because we were just 10 and 13. Even though I wasn't his first , he still made me feel special which is why I fell in love with him."

"You were so young but yet so dumb. If you were in love with him then why did you cheat on him?" You can't be in love with someone if you still find other men attractive.

"I wasn't dumb jai , I was young. Once I lost my virginity to your dad I craved sex. Chris didn't want to have sex all the time but that's all I wanted. When he didn't give me what I wanted , I went out and had sex with another guy , sev." She toyed with her nails as she stared at the floor.

"Sooo... you hurt dad ?"

"I wouldn't say hurt. He was beyond hurt. I would say .... broken. He stopped going to school but after a while he dropped out. He didn't have the heart to go to school anymore. Mostly because he knew he'll see me there. We broke up for about 4 months but got back together when I found out that I was pregnant with you. He still despised me and only stuck around because I was pregnant." I nodded , but I was a little on edge.

My parents didn't have the perfect childhood but yet they act like it never happened. I wonder if they're in love now but mostly , how did I become a secret ?!

—————————————————-

Chris P.O.V

I decided to meet up with mike to better explain why jai is a secret and how it all started. I was hoping that maybe if he knew everything from the beginning then he'll understand.

".....why is jai a secret?" he asked.

"Well as you know , jai was born before I became famous. When I was around 15 , I decided that I wanted to sing since I had an amazing voice that I didn't even know I had. I came out with the song 'take you down' which blew up unexpectedly. After that I pretty much became world wide. Almost every radio producer wanted to interview me on my personal life. " I explained.

"How does your music career has anything to do with jai?"

"Well ... jai is my personal life. I was an up coming artist and I felt that if I told the world I had a child then they'll judge me. You know , I'm just a teenager tryna get money. I wanted my personal life to be separate from my public life."

"Okay but you fail to understand that jai is your public and personal life. Yeah you a artist but you also a dad. In public you still a dad rather the people know it or not." he spoke truthfully.

I never thought of it like that.

"Damn. I never thought that deep." I chuckled. On the inside I felt dumb.

"Yeah ,well you were only 15. Your brain wasn't fully developed then. You made the decision that you thought was best at the time." He stated.

"It was a dumb decision." I mumbled removing myself from the table. I needed to let his words sink in.

"Your public and personal life."

"In public you still a dad."

"Fuck." I yelled pinching the bridge of my nose. I felt the tears burn in my eyes as they began to roll down my cheeks. I wiped them away but only more fell.

"Fuck this I need a drink." I wiped the tears away before walking toward my red limbo.

——————————————-

💞excuse any mistakes !