Ch.24

Jaidah P.O.V

"Grab his legs

"Grab his legs." I told my mom as I lifted his arms off the ground. Well, we found my dad drunk outside a liquor store with cases of different drinks.

"Put him in the car." We slung my dad in the back seat along with the alcohol. He mumbled a few words & twitched a little.

"Poor baby." My ma said cranking the car. I don't feel sorry for him, he deserves to hurt & suffer.

I rested my head against the window deep in thought. I wonder what his reaction will be once he recognize the condition we found him in. Like,I'm pretty sure the last thing he wanted was for me to see him unstable & weak.

———————————— 10 min later...

I grabbed my dads legs as my mom grabbed his arms. We lifted him off the seats slowly before dragging him out the car. I grunted doing so, he was heavy.

"Now. We. Need. To. Get. Him. To. The. Door. " I gasped between deep breaths.

"I give up, we gone have to drag him." My mom dropped his arms with me following right behind, I dropped his legs.

We dragged him through the dirty grass & over the hard cement. He may have a few dirt patches & a few scars but he'll be alright.

"Lets put em on the couch." I stated.

We walked over to the couch steady as we held his body in the air. We flopped his body on the couch in unison & took deep breaths.

"What you think step-daddy gone say?"

"He'll be alright chile." She waved me off.

I shrugged as I took one last glance at my dad. He in for a rude awakening tomorrow morning. I shut the lights off downstairs quickly dashing upstairs.

————————————

Jaliyah P.O.V

"Where the hell you been? It's 3 in the morning

"Where the hell you been? It's 3 in the morning."

"I know what time it is." I spoke with slight irritation.

"Aight since you know what time it is where the fuck you been?" He aggressively spoke.

"I was out handling business with jai & as I was out we found chris drunk at the liquor store."

"Mane, we just had a conversation about that shit." He said quietly, but I heard him.

"When you & chris start talking?"

"We been talking for some days now. I been trying to help him & jai's relationship."

"Why would you do that? Chris don't handle guilt well."

"I mean, he should feel guilty. It's his fault."

"It's not his fault. He doing what a father would do, which is protecting his child."

"I ain't gone argue with you. You & yo baby-daddy can discuss this when he is sober." He fluffed his pillow before turning his back to me.

——————————————-

😃 - Sorry for not updating . Due to this coronavirus I have a lot of school work !

*don't mind any errors!